chapter 3

Mama threw me into my cell without any touture this time because she said she was busy. I walked over to the wall and slowly slid down it. Tears fell down my cheeks and I put my head in my knees. Mama doesn't have time for me. I got good boy points so why isn't she here torturing me? I thought I did good for mama. I leaned my head against the hard cement wall and looked up at the ceiling. I put my hand in the air. I wish I had more power. I wish mama would show me affection. I put my hand down then stood up and replaced my tears with laughter. I spun around on my heals and started humming. At least I got to kill that ghoul. I stopped and frowned. Oh no I forgot to get his big arm thingy, oh well.

I put my hands behind my head but then I felt pain and I looked at my fingers. I saw they were covered in blood. My head injury must be bleeding. I twisted my head then smiled. I took my blood soaked fingers and put it against the wall. I moved my hand smearing the blood across the wall. I kept on doing this with the blood leaking from my head. I laughed from the excitement. Finally I backed up and looked at what I drew in my own blood. It was a big smiling face with the words juuzou suzuya above it. "Hmmmm....juuzou suzuya? That's my name right? Where did I even get that from?" I shrugged "who cares." I started spinning again well singing "I'm juzo! I'm juzo! I'm juzo!"

I yawned and stretched my arms into the air. I layed down on my side and started shivering from the cold ground but I'm used to it. I pulled my arms into my shirt and tried my best to fall asleep. I was tired but for some reason I'm never able to sleep. My mind ends up wandering off and its impossible to sleep. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and eventually I fell asleep. I had to keep myself from crying because if I started crying it would have been even harder to fall asleep.

~~~~~~

I was suddenly woke up by the sound of something falling on the ground. I heard the big door shut. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up. I opened them and saw a little girl sitting in the corner of my cell. She was sobbing. I looked at her with big curious eyes. She had her face down so I couldn't see her face. I inched a little closer to see her but she had her head in her knees so I couldn't get a good look. I sighed, "ummm....hello?" I said quietly. I watched her lift her head to me and saw that her eyes were the same as the ghoul from yesterday. She had tears falling from her eyes then when she saw my face her black eyes suddenly turned into regular bright blue eyes. A smile spread across my face and I got a little closer to her "your a ghoul!"

She turned her head away from me and pushed herself closer to the wall. She started crying again and then said something in a quiet voice "I want my mommy."

I got up really close to her and leaned against the wall and tried to get her to look at me. I smiled and put my hand out "Hi there! I'm juuzou suzuya! Nice to meet ya!"

She lifted her head slowly and then slowly put her hand in mine "hhhiii....I...im... Taki."

I shook her hand and smiled "taki? Okay that's a pretty name. So what are you doing in my house?"

She wiped the tears from her face then looked at me "I was at the park playing with my daddy when...." She stopped and tears started falling from her eyes again "m...my daddy fell on the ground and the big mean lady took me away to here. She said I was gonna be her new pet."

"When you say your dad fell on the ground do you mean he died?" I asked curiously.

She nodded and wiped her eyes again. "The lady she told me that she was my mama but she's not. I have a mommy and she's gonna come and get me."

I looked down at the ground "so mama didn't have time for me yesterday because she left to get a new good boy." My eyes started to burn and I wanted to cry but I stopped myself and put a smile on my face. I stared into the little girls eyes "I'm glad that your going to be my new little sister."

She wiped away her tears again and put a smile on her face "your really nice ya know?"

My smile fell from my face and my mind took over. Nice? No one has ever called me nice. Actually this is the first conversation with someone other then mama or someone I'm going to kill. I stood up and put the smile back on my face, then I helped taki up.

She looked around the room and frowned "don't you get bored in here? And it's so dark."

"Well I'm usually just talking to myself when I'm in here. I guess it's kind of boring but I don't really notice." I pointed to the small hole in the ceiling "and that gives a little bit of light."

She looked into my eyes "that's such a sad way to live."

I put my finger on my cheek. I never thought of my life as sad before. Hmmmm. "What would you do for fun in here?"

She smiled "hmmmm...oh I know! We could play lemonade!"

I tilted my head at her "lemonade?"

She put her hands out "ya know the game with your hands."

I looked down at my hands and shrugged. She grabbed one of my hands and then slapped hers against mine. "How do you not know this game?"

I shrugged then smiled "lets do something else....we could paint a picture!"

She smiled and nodded "yeah! Do you have any paint?"

I walked over to the wall and punched it really hard. Taki ran up to me and grabbed my hand "what are you doing?!?"

I looked at her with a blank face "I'm getting you some paint." I showed her my bloody knuckles.

She looked at me with worried eyes "what are you talking about?!?"

I pointed to the wall that I had painted on with my blood "so you can paint a picture like that."

She looked at me with a sad expression. "I feel bad for you. You really have no idea how things work. You don't go around hurting yourself to make paint."

I looked at her confused "but its just pain. It's not like I could die from punching a wall."

She looked at me with wide eyes then she shook her head "never mind." She yawned.

"How bout we just take a nap."

She nodded "yeah. We should do that."

I layed down on the floor with my hands behind my head and she did the same. I stared up at the ceiling and closed my eyes..

~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes and felt a heavy weight on my chest. I saw taki's head was laying on my chest and she was fast asleep. She even had her thumb in her mouth. I pushed her long black hair out of my face and stared down at her peaceful sleeping face. I smiled. It was nice for once in my life to feel someone else's warmth.

Taki yawned and stretched her arms then lifted her head off my chest. She rubbed her eyes and smiled. She looked at me "ya know. I bet if you weren't here then I would probably still be crying in the corner."

I got up and leaned against the wall. "And if you weren't here I would probably be doing nothing."

She laughed "well I'm glad I met you even if we met in this bad place. I know we just met but I trust you."

I nodded. Trust? What is that? I won't ask her. I don't know why but I just feel like I sort of already know what trust is. And I think i trust her too.