chapter 50

I sat in an empty room made or metal with two walls that were mirrors. There was no table just a single chair that i was chained to with my handcuffs.

A man walked in and leaned against the wall flipping through his papers then looked at me. "Why did you attack investigator anthony?"

"She made me feel an emotion and i didnt like it. I felt hot and my muscles were clenching." I said calmly.

He nodded "so you were angry? What were you angry about?"

I shrugged "she said she was hurting ryu."

He nodded "i see, so you got mad when you found out the ghoul was being hurt. Why is that?"

"Because ryu is.... was my friend."

He flipped his paper "so you were friends with ryu iki in highschool but she tragically died when she was 17. And according to this it was your fault yet no charges were filed. Actually, you have caused alot of problems and done alot of crimes yet you never seem to get any concequences. Do you know why that is?"

I shrugged.

"Well it seems they always let you off because you are 'mentally unstable' because of a child kidnapping that led you to being a ghouls pet and being raised by ghouls." He looked up at me "now how odd is it that a boy who was raised by ghouls accidently became best friends with a ghoul, not to mention the fact that you supposily cause her death and if turns out shes actual alive. How does that happen?"

I shrugged again.

He walked up to me "your telling me you had no idea your friend was alive and no idea she was a ghoul?"

I shook my head "before i saw her at the factory.... i hadnt seen her for 2 years... since she died."

He crossed his arms "and when you found out she was a ghoul, why didnt you kill her?"

"I tried to. I ended up dying." I said softly.

"Did you really try? If you were trying to kill her then why were you so angry when you found out what we were doing?"

I looked down "i....i dont know. I wasnt me at the factory. I was the other me, i kept switching."

He looked back at the papers "your record says nothing about multiple personality disorder."

I looked up at him and smiled "is insanity a personality?"

He glared at me "you shouldnt be joking around, all the evidence points to you being guilty."

I laughed "well thats fine. I dont care. Hahaha. Ive been locked away before, i can do it again, compared to the arena jail is royalty."

He crossed his arms "we could hurt you, we are in charge of what happens to you."

I laughed louder "ha! Wow, go right ahead. I dont mind. I dont feel pain, mama taught me that pain is love. Go ahead, cut off my fingers for all i care. KILL ME IF YOU WANT!"

"Refering to your kidnapper as mama and using her teachings is another sign of guilt." He said snidely.

I looked at my hands and noticed i had been digging the handcuffs into my flesh and they were now bloody and bruised. "I think i might have hurt myself again..."

The man walked up to me and looked at my hand "how did you do that without noticing??"

I looked at him frowning "i told you. I dont feel pain. Even if i wanted to, i can't."

The man rolled his eyes and left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wall in front of me suddenly turned from a mirror to a window. And sitting in a chair across from me was ryu.....

She was looking down and covered in chains. Her green hair was splattered with blood and the floor around her was covered in blood. She just sat there, her head limp. I called out "ryu?"

She didnt hear me or look up. Then i heard her voice murmuring to herself "hes gone, i killed him. Hes gone. Dead. Why am i alive? I want to die. Please kill me. Juzo where are you? I waited for you to come and save me?and now your gone. Why. Hes gone. Hes gone. Hes gone."

I tried to stand but the chains wouldnt let me.

Then the man walked into ryus room. He looked my direction and smiled. I stared at them wide eyed.

He touched ryus head "hey there you should stop being so mopey and just tell us who else you work with. We wont have to hurt you anymore if you tell us who and where. Thats all i want to know, so lift your head up."

She didnt move.

The man walked to the corner and picked up a bucket. He lifted it up then poured a liquid out onto ryu.

Suddenly ryu started screaming and shaking back and forth. Her skin bubbled and steam came off of her.

I pulled at my chains still unable to get out.

She calmed back down and went back to the way she was but breathing heavily.

The man picked up a knife.

I screamed out "NO STOP! RYU! STOP HURTING HER!"

I looked down at the chains paniced and tried to think. Then i started to just pull my hand out peeling the skin off as i did. I got one hand out then ripped my other out. Blood dripped onto the floor and my hands had skin missing, revealing the flesh underneith.

I ran up to the class and pounded on it. It was too thick to break. I ran to the door but it was locked. I screamed then rammed my body into the door. It didnt budge so i did it about 15 more times before it broke open, flinging me into the wall and onto the floor. I strained to get up, i left a trail of blood on the wall and floor as i made my way to where ryu was.

I got to the door and burst it open. I saw the man cutting ryus leg but he stopped and looked at me with shocked eyes.

He pointed the knife in my direction and screamed "STAY AWAY OR ILL HURT YOU!"

I laughed "ive already ripped flesh off my hands and broken probably 4 ribs at least. Do you really think im afraid of your tiny knife? Hahahaha"

I walked up to him and stopped in front of him, he shivered "wh-what are you gonna do?"

I smiled "nothing. Mr.shinohara said not to hurt people i work with or i might get fired. I cant get fired... you have free donuts." I laughed and stole his knife. "I just want you to stop hurting my friend."

He was shaking viciously then fell on the floor and blacked out.

I dropped the knife and looked at ryu. She was still looking down at the floor motionless.

"Ryu?................."