chapter 66- Red for a reason

i rubbed my eyes and sat up in my bed. Ryu was still asleep in the other bed and the sun shone in through the window from the other side of the room. i climbed out of my bed and yawned. i glanced over at Ryu again and she was still asleep. i walked out the door and into the hallway. when i shut the door i noticed a note on the outside of it. It said "Juuzou, meet me in the lobby please. -red" 

i took the note off the door and put it in my pocket, then made my way down to the lobby. 

When i got there i saw Red sitting at a table reading a book. I walked over to her and set the note down "you wanted to see me?"

she looked up from her book and grinned "yeah. i did." she stood up and set the book down. "i was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me today?"

i shrugged "well its pretty boring around here so i guess so."

she grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the elevator "okay good. come with me!" 

we went all the way to the roof and then she dragged me out of the elevator.  she looked up at the sky and smiled "isn't this such a nice view?"

i looked over the edge and shrugged "it kind of just looks like a place for people to kill themselves." i smiled to myself.

she laughed and shook her head "well that's a bleak way to see things. I think its pretty up here."

i shrugged.

she grabbed my hand again and pulled me over to the edge. she smiled at me "do you wanna jump off with me?"

i looked at her confused "what?"

she pointed over the edge "do you want to jump off the edge with me?"

i stared at her smiling face and then looked over the edge "are you trying to die?"

she laughed then grabbed my arm and pulled me off the edge with her. 

My eyes widened as we both fell high speed towards the ground. I wasn't afraid to die, and i wasn't afraid to fall, i was just shocked that she jumped off with the smile not leaving her face the whole time. I watched as her long green hair blew beck in the wind, she kept her hand around my wrist and held onto me tightly, then we suddenly stopped and we weren't falling anymore. we were flying....

no, not flying, we were gliding. two kagunes came from her back and were holding us up on a thin metal wire and we were gliding along the wire that seemed endless. 

i smiled as we flew through the city above all the buildings, we slowly glided towards the ground and the colors of the city glided by us.

when we finally got to the bottom she let go of my wrist and smiled at me "Was that fun?"

i laughed "yeah"

she pointed at the building in front of us "This is my building, i control this section of the bats."

I looked at the large factory building in front of us and looked back at her "you own this?"

she grinned "well yeah." she lowered her eyes at me "i technically own you too ya know."

i laughed and glared at her "you don't own me. no one owns me. and i don't think you want to mess with me."

she laughed "wow. its funny, if anyone else said that to me i would rip them to pieces. but i guess your okay." she paused "hey. i bet you will want to be involved in what i'm in charge of. you wanna see inside?"

i nodded.

she walked up to the doors and opened them, inside were a bunch of metal cages holding people inside and a bunch of workers in red looked at the door and bowed. they all said "welcome back Missus Red."

she smiled and waved her hand "back to work everyone. i'm only here to show a friend around."

One of the workers came up to us and bowed then said in a shaky voice "can i get you anything?"

red smiled and shook her head "not now." she looked at me "do you want anything Juzo?" 

i shook my head no, it felt odd to have someone bow to me and i felt very out of place.  

Red grabbed my arm and pulled me forward. "well lets get strait to it then. inside the Bats i am in charge of the torture and information department. That basically means i hurt people until they tell me what i want to know." she turned to me with a smile "so what do you think? do you like it? ive been trying so hard to become just like you Juzo. ive been becoming stronger and stronger trying to be just like you. please tell me you like it."

i looked around and walked up to one of the cages and stared at the blood covered ghoul inside. i smiled "this looks like a fun job." i could feel my body tingling and felt the urge to attack these people. i didn't care about anything else. i looked at Red and grinned "i bet it would be alot funner if they could fight back."

she smiled and sighed "yeah i know. but apparently that's a liability..." she grinned "but i guess if one of them accidentally escaped... i might have to have you go chase him down and kill him for me." she put her arms up "go ahead, pick one and ill let them out so you can fight them. you can kill any one you like."