chapter 35

Shinohara looked at me with a sad expression on his face. He handed me a black jacket "here Juzo. You need to wear this. It's respectful to wear black. "

I took the jacket from him and put it over my usual out fit. I walked back into my room as he was getting ready. I sat on my bed and sighed "ryū it's time for your funeral. Are you excited. "

I glanced at the floor and saw ryūs hat. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. Then I walked out of the room and walked up to shinohara. "Im ready" I said with no emotions.

~~~~~~~~~~

We walked up to all the people in black. They were all staring down at the coffin in the middle of the graveyard. I saw miss iki and I walked up to her. She was wearing a long black dress and a hat with black lace that covered her face. She looked at me and wiped her tears "hello juzo. " she said in a sad tone.

I waved and smiled "hey Mrs. Iki. How's it hangin?"

She sighed and smiled too, tears rolled down her face. "I'm never really sure how to act around you juzo. You are so nice but you are always nice in the wrong situations. I really think there's no helping you. "

I just kept smiling "miss iki? "

"yes? " she said politely

I opened my eyes and stared strait into hers "I want you to know I didn't realy hate your daughter. She may have been a little weird but I wouldn't change anything about her. And don't worry about her dying. I mean she only died. It's not a big deal. "

Miss iki started to sob and as I walked away she whispered "thank you"

I walked up to the big coffin and set my hand on it. My breathing became faster and it felt like there was a pressure on my heart. I smiled slightly. "hey ryū." I pulled her hat out of my pocket and set it on the coffin "don't forget your hat. I bet they have you all dressed up in there, I bet you just wanna wear jeans and a T-shirt . It's a shame that the last thing you were thinking of was me....even in the end your last thought was a tragedy. " I smiled then pulled my coat off. "Im not really suited for fancy clothes either. " I threw the coat on the floor. I heard people whisper behind me but I didn't care. I was about to walk away when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see a girl in a long black coat and a veil that covered her face. She had her hood up and I couldn't see her face at all.

She looked at me then spoke quietly in a scratchy voice "your a really sweet person aren't you. No one else here would have known what ryū wanted. You must really love her. "

I tried hard to see who this girl was but I couldn't tell. She sounded so familiar. I looked down at her hands and saw blood drip out from her sleeve. I smiled at her "I don't know what love is but I'm guessing that ryū was the closest thing I had to love. " I paused and grinned at the girl "so who are you? You seem like you knew ryū very well too. "

She looked down at the ground "you could say that. But ryū is dead now so that doesn't matter. And my name.... My name is....my name is dragon. "

Instantly my eyes focused on this girl. Dragon....dragon is what ryū means! Is this girl ryū? No she couldn't be. I noticed that I was staring at this girl with wide eyes. I quickly looked at the ground and grinned "dragon is such an odd name. You are a very odd person. Just like someone else I knew. " I looked up at the girl "your a really weird girl. "

The girl then wrapped her arms around me. I stood there shocked for a moment then I heard her whisper something "I love you juzo"
I wasn't sure if I had imagined it or if it was real. But I thought I saw a lock of bright green hair peek out of this girl's hood as she walked away.

Could that really be?... No.... It's just some girl.... I'm stupid for thinking otherwise.

I walked away from the funeral and down the street. I looked behind me at everyone and smiled "they are all such stupid people. Their tears won't bring back the dead. "

I walked forward "goodbye ryū. Forever. "