chapter 25

I woke up in the morning with a weird feeling. I quickly turned my head to the window and saw yokubo sitting there in a little green dress. She didn't have any shoes on and she was smiling at me. Her long red hair was up with a green ribbon. She stared at me and I stared back into her deep green eyes. The she jumped down from the window and walked over to my bed. "Hello juuzou."

I looked at her and it sent chills down my spine. "Go away." I layed back down and pulled the covers over my head.

I heard he giggle slightly, then I felt a weight on the bed next to me. I felt her hand on touch me. "Oh juzo, don't be so childish. All I want to do is talk to you. I want to see what exactly you do remember."

I sat up and looked at her "who are you?"

She pulled her fingers trough her hair and smiled "you already know who I am." She put her hand on mine "I remember you. It's not fair that you have forgotten me. I know I look a little different but still."

I stared at her face. It was so similar. This voice. This smell. It's all so similar. "Just tell me who you are."

She smiled "oh in time." She stared into my eyes then leaned in and whispered "do you fear death juzo?"

I looked at her then grinned "do you?"

She grinned back "you dodged my question."

"So did you"

She smile spread wider "I do not fear death. But the real question is do you?"

"I can't fear death. I don't have fear."

She shook her head "oh no juzo. You have fear. That feeling in the pit of your stomach right now. That is fear. You fear me. Your subconscious must remember who I am and is hiding it from you."

I smiled and leaned in. Then I whispered in her ear "do you fear pain?" Then I pushed her off the bed and she fell backwards onto the ground.

She looked at me with cold eyes holding her back. She stood up and fixed her dress. She looked down at me then smiled. "I don't fear pain. Pain tels me that I'm still alive. Pain tells me that I can keep on going."

I frowned and stood up staring her in the face. Then I looked at the tattoo on her arm. I grabbed her arm "what does this tattoo mean?"

She pulled her arm back then walked around well speaking "juzo are you human?"

"Yes."

"Am I human?"

"Your a ghoul."

She looked at me and smiled "and ghouls are animals?"

"Yeah I guess."

"So if a farmer had a animal and didn't want someone to take it from them what would they do?"

"They would brand it. Or maybe hide it."

She lifted her arm "that's what this is. It means I belong to someone. I am not my own person. I am an animal and I have to follow my masters commands or I will be punished." She looked at the ground "so what would happen if I ran away. What would happen to me if I left my master?"

I thought for a moment. "Well a animal would probably die off without their master. "

She looked up at me she looked like she was going to cry. "One last question juzo. What do ghouls eat?"

I hesitated. "Humans.."

"So if I were to not eat humans I would die. Yet I would also be hunted down and killed for killing humans. You see what us ghouls have to live with and yet you humans make us look like bad guys just because we eat. It's eat or die." She sighed "I bet you don't understand. Your just human."

I grinned "oh I understand. I just like to kill and ghouls happen to be something I can kill without getting in trouble." I laughed

She looked at me with hate in her eyes then she grinned "what do ghouls eat again?"

"Humans"

Her grin widened "and what did you say you were?"

"A human...."