chapter 30

I watched as blood lust walked up to ryū. She stopped in front of ryū then smiled and turned to me. She waved to me and smiled "ya know juzo to be honest that was my first kiss. When I was a in the arena I always thought my first kiss would be a girl but who knew. My mother would be so disgusted by the thought of me dressing like a girl and flirting with other boys. She always expected so much from me. Oh well. Too late now I guess." She looked at the ground "that arena messed up my head and now this is me. Mother is probably dead. Or maybe she forgot about me." She looked at me again "what was your old mother like juzo? I mean your real one."

I stared at her "I only know mama."

I saw some sadness flicker In her eyes but then she just smiled "I would feel pity for you if you weren't such a terrible person. But you no longer deserve pity. Your a monster."

Then ryū coughed and spoke angerly "SHUT UP!" Cough "juzo isn't a monster! What gives you the right to judge whether people are good or bad? What gives you the right to decide who lives or not? I love juzo and I'm not going to sit here and let you talk to him like that."

Blood lust laughed "wow the dog has an opinion. Be quiet now the adults are talking. How could a human like you possibly think you know something. Were you in the arena? Do you know the feeling of those cold cells? Do you know what it's like to be alone for so many years? Do you know how it feels to want so much to die? Do you know how it feels to have no friends?...... You know nothing. So don't pretend you understand. You don't know anything."

Ryū frowned "I may not know anything about that but I do know juzo. Juzo is kind and a little awkward. He does things for people but makes it seem like he doesn't care about anyone. He wants to be alone just so he won't hurt anyone. He's juzo and I love him."

Blood lust frowned then smiled "its too bad he doesn't love you. I mean you look like a boy. I am a boy and I'm still 500 times prettier then you. Your just some annoying girl that won't leave him alone. Come on. Face the facts. Has he ever said I love you? Has he ever actually kissed you? Does he even care if you live? He's a psychopath and he needs someone who can control him. He needs someone who can take care of themselves. He doesn't want you. He's better with someone like me. So just be a good dog and die now."

Ryū looked at the ground. Thinking about what blood lust said. Then she stood up with tears in her eyes and shaky hands. She looked into blood lusts eyes and smiled "your really ugly ya know. Why would juzo want some ugly guy?"

Sheer anger went into blood lusts eyes. She screamed out and her bright red ghoul arms flung everywhere. "STOP LYING!!!! IM PRETTY!!!!!! IM BEAUTIFUL!!!!" she opened her eyes and her one ghoul eye was there. Shining red in the dark area.

Ryū grinned "look at you.......your a monster. A hideous monster. Juzo will never love you."

What is she doing? Is she trying to get herself killed.

The anger in blood lusts eyes was so intense. She started to shake. Her ghoul arms flailing everywhere breaking things and hitting the walls. And then......something I didn't expect happened. Ryū had her hands around blood lust throat and she was on top of her choking her. Blood lust was twitching around. Ghouls are so much stronger then humans. Why was ryū winning? What was going on? Is ryū human?

Finally blood lust somehow got her mind back on track and the took one of her ghoul arms and grabbed ryū by one of her legs and threw he across the room. She happened to land right next to me. I heard some of her ribs break as she landed. Then I heard gasping from her. Ryū can feel pain and she won't be able to take much more of this. She's going to die if she doesn't get to a hospital.

Blood lust stood up and felt her throat. Then she laughed "your a lot smarter then I thought kid. How did you know that I would get so distracted by those words? Did juzo tell you that I'm weaker when I get emotional?"

Ryū coughed and spoke in a pained voice "I'm a girl and I know that any girl has strong emotions. And you are a girl now too. So you have strong emotions too. I actually was hoping to make you cry but we can't get everything we want can we?"

I turned to ryū and smiled "for a weird girl your pretty smart." I felt feeling in my fingers and I could move them again. Then I could feel my arm and my legs and then the rest of my body. I slowly stood up. And smiled at blood lust.

Blood lusts eyes shot wide open "why...why are you able to move? What...what happened?"

I grinned and walked up to her. I put my hand on one of her bright red ghoul arms "this ghoul arm. It's so pretty. I remember this bright red from before. I remember that everything about you was red. And then there were those bright green eyes of yours. They stood out so much." I looked into her green eyes and she looked into my red eyes "people always fear eyes that stand out. Many people fear me just by my eyes. But I never feared you. I always thought you were pretty even before you turned yourself into a girl. Your pretty red is certainly worthy of the name blood lust.."

She stared at me and didn't move I saw tears fall down her eyes "you think I'm pretty?"

I smiled "yes."

Her ghoul eye turned to the bright green of her other eye and her bright red ghoul arms disappeared. She stared at me then she threw her arms around me and started sobbing. "Thank you!"

I smiled then slipped a knife from my pocket and stabbed it right into her head. Blood dripped down her short brown hair making red streaks just like it was from the arena. I felt her body go lip and she slid down my body and fell to the ground next to me. I stepped over her body and walked towards ryū's unconscious body. I picked ryū up and stopped in front of blood lust "your welcome." I said quietly. I stepped over her body and started to walk out. As I walked down the dark streets with ryū in my arms I smiled "ya know this is the second time I've gotten you injured ryū. When are you going to learn your lesson?" I sighed "ryū? Your name means dragon doesn't it? That really fits your personality. Your a little dragon." I looked up at the moon "so yokubo how is it up there? Say hi to taki and itami for me."

I looked at the dark street "goodbye."