chapter 67- Alice challenge

I looked at all the frail ghouls in the cages and wondered which one would be the most fun. i walked slowly past all the cages then stopped at one. There was an old man inside. he looked up at me with what seemed to be familiar eyes. i knew him from somewhere. he smiled up at me "oh. how good to see you Juzo." he said in and old cracked voice. 

i tried hard to remember him but i just couldn't. "do i know you?" i asked

he smiled softly "ah. you have forgotten me. of course. most of them do." he coughed "my name is Phillip, i was the head doctor back at the arena. i saw you an awful lot when you were a child. you were always half dead when they brought you to me, it was quite annoying actually. all these people telling me to bring this human back to life or they were going to kill me. i guess i saved your life so many times you could call me a hero." he laughed slightly and coughed. "i guess i did cheat a little bit though." he coughed again.

i looked down at him "you cheated?"

he nodded and coughed again "i got a little tired of you being human, so i changed a few things around." he coughed. "nothing major. just some chemical changes."

i sat in front of him and stared through the bars "hey mister. are you good at fighting?"

he coughed again "i may be.. but i'm a little old... i tend to cheat."

i smiled "do you wanna fight me?"

he looked up at me "now why would i do that?"

i shrugged "for fun?"

he laughed but interrupted it with  a cough "well i guess i can let myself have a little fun."

i stood up and grinned "okay. ill go get Red so she can let you out."

as i went to get Red he laughed "There's no need for that." then the cage flung into pieces and i was flung across the room with it."

i heard Red yell "What the hell was that??"

i slowly stood up and cracked my neck. i felt my back wet with blood where i was thrown across the room. i grinned "wow. that was pretty good."

suddenly the old man was in front of me and before i got even a glimpse of him, i was thrown across the room again. pain surged trough my arm along with a loud cracking sound as it hit the wall. i laughed "well shit. maybe this wasn't such a good idea." i laughed louder. the room was still filled with smoke but i saw Red walk over to me with a worried face "What the hell just happened. Are you okay Juzo??" 

i stood up and smiled "yeah i'm fine. just having that fight we talked about."

She looked at me confused "but... i didn't let anyone out so who-.." 

Before she finished her sentence i was picked up and thrown across the room again. the old mans voice came from the smoke above "i'm disappointed in you Juzo. i thought i made you powerful. you just seem like a weakling to me. why wont you show me that power that i created?"

i looked around and laughed "well i would. but i'm having some trouble seeing you. maybe you could come out of that smoke?"

the old mans laughter echoed through the building "i told you i cheat. you really think in my line of work i wouldn't give myself some upgrades too. silly boy."

i saw a black kagune start to come at me high speed and right before it hit me Red was standing in front of me and blocked it with her kagune. She screamed out "Who the hell are you?! why are you attacking Juzo??"

the old man then dropped in front of her and grinned "i'm just an old man, and i'm attacking him because he asked me to." he slammed his kagune into her side and sent her flying "so kindly leave us be. " he said in a polite voice.