chapter 31

I woke up to someone shaking me. Bright lights flooded my vision. I looked up and saw shinohara looking at me with a sullen look on his face. He sighed then smiled "you okay juzo?"

I looked around the hospital waiting room at all the sick people. I stretched my arms up and yawned. I looked at my blood stained clothes. I never know who's blood it is on my clothes. My own? Ryu's? Yokubo's? I looked into shinoharas eyes and smiled "Hi."

He sat down in the chair next to me and let out a long sigh. "Your really going to give me a heart attack one day. I guess I'm a terrible father hah?"

I put my legs up in the chair with me and sat cross legged. "Your not a father."

He looked at me and smiled "well I'm taking care of you so that makes me your father right?"

I looked at the floor "you don't want to be my father. I will only cause you pain."

Shinohara shook his head then changed the subject. "Juzo your going to have to talk to the police. You realize your a suspect right?"

I looked at him "a suspect for what?"

"Well ryū has 4 broken ribs a broken arm and a broken leg. So unless she jumped off a building someone must have beat her up pretty bad. She actually punctured a lung and is in surgery right now. But she should be fine I mean other then all the broken bones." He looked at the window into the dark night "what happened juzo?"

I looked out the same window "I killed yokubo...."

Shinohara turned his head to me "juzo what did you do?" He asked worried.

I faced him and smiled "did you know yokubo is a boy?"

Shinohara put his head in his hands "this is hopeless. I'm gonna have trouble keeping you out of jail with that attitude."

I leaned my head back and looked at the ceiling. "Yokubo was a ghoul. I met her at the arena. She's a murderer. It doesn't matter that I killed her. The body is in a factory a couple of blocks down."

Shinohara sighed and smiled "thank goodness. For a second there I thought you killed a human."

I looked into his eyes "I want to go home."

Shinohara nodded and stood up. He put his hand out "come on juzo. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up in the living room on the couch. I don't remember ever getting out of the car. Shinohara must have carried me inside. I peeked my head over the side of the sofa and saw shinohara in the chair by the desk. He was sitting loudly and had a pair of reading glasses on. There were a bunch of papers in his hands. I stood up. The wooden floor was cold on my feet. I walked over my bare feet sticking to the ground then leaned over him and looked at the paper.

CASE #214

suspect 1 - suzuya juuzou. Type: human. Sex: male. Age: 17 height: 160 weight :47

Suspect 2- yokubo. Type:ghoul. Sex: male.

I went to look at the rest of it when shinohara moved and put his hand over it. He turned his head and saw me. He bit his lip then quickly stood up, shoving the papers in his breif case. He smiled slightly at me "uh....hey juzo. What ya doing?"

I stared into his eyes with no expression "why am I still a suspect? That girl was a ghoul. Didn't you find her body?"

He frowned and looked at the floor "juzo don't worry about that. I have your back. I know you would never hurt anyone."

I shook my head "actually I would hurt someone. And you know I would."

"Yes but I believe that you didn't hurt anyone." He looked at me "now go get dressed, maybe I will get you to school on time for once."