chapter 53

I walked over to the bed and froze next to it, did i want to see her? Maybe i could just go back to thinking shes dead.

"Juzo?" I heard a womans voice say behind me.

I turned around and saw ms.iki standing there with years in her eyes.

I wanted to say something but words didnt come out.

She looked at my arms and twitched "you have stitches and bandages, what happened?"

I touched my arms. "Hello ms. Iki."

She stepped forward "have you talked to her yet?"

I shook my head then looked back at the lump under the blanket "shes sleeping."

Ms.iki walked beside me then looked down at ryu "should we wake her up?" She wiped her eyes.

I nodded, "maybe."

She grabbed the blanket and hesitated, "i dont think i can do this, will you please...."

I grabbed the blanket, froze, then lifted it off of her and threw it on the floor.

She was lying there in a curled up ball, her eyes were wide open and they were surrounded by black rings. Her eyes were brown again but they werent bright, they were dull and faded. Her green hair was in knots and she was covered in bruises and cuts and burns. I noticed the ends of her hair was singed black. She was shaking and breathing heavily.

I stood there frozen and ryus mom burst into tears and hugged her. "Ryu!!" She screamed out.

Ryu sat up slowly and stared past us not at us "hello." She said flatly.

Ms. Iki continued to sob then looked at me "can you try to talk to her please."

I looked at miss iki and frowned then nodded.

I sat on the bed then sighed "ryu you look really messed up."

Ryu didnt look at me "hello." She said again flatly.

I frowned "turns out you really are dead, i was too late to save you."

Ms iki sat on the bed next to me "i spent all this time getting over her and telling myself she was gone, but she wasnt gone, i could have helped her, i could have come for her sooner. Before she was this far along." She stood up and walked to the door then turned to me "call me if you find my daughter, but right now, shes not here." Then she walked away, leaving me and ryu alone.

I just sat there next to her silently. We both sat in silence, not speaking. All you could hear was our breathing. I sighed and leaned back, laying on the bed with my legs hanging over the edge. I closed my eyes "ryu your a weird girl. I know that because im a weird boy. We are weird together. And thats why i should have told you before you were gone.... that i loved you....that you werent alone, and neither was i." I froze, i sort of expected a response but there was nothing. I smiled and laughed a little "im an idiot for thinking this was a happy story, i should have known. Im a tragedy and tragedies dont get happy endings."

I breathed in and kept a smile on my face.

"Tell my mom that she should really stop crying like that, she sounds ridiculous." Ryus voice spoke out.

My eyes burst open and i sat up then looked at ryu, she was still staring at the wall in front of her. "Ryu?" I said softly.

Then her head turned to me and she stared into my eyes. "I think... i think that my name is ryu. Thats me right?"

My eyes widened and i nodded "y-yeah."

She looked back at the wall "and.... that woman was my mom."

"Yeah.." i said softly.

She looked at me "and you....."

I froze and gulped "y-yes?"

She tilted her head "who exactly are you?..."