chapter 59 - kitty cat

i stared at the mans hand then shook my head "i dont know you."

he took off his mask and smiled "oh but i know you."

he had bright yellow eyes that sent chills down my spine, he had short white hair and was wearing a white suit. he was so tall compared to me, about two feet taller than me. i looked down at Shi, he had passed out from fear. i stood up and dropped my knife then walked past the man and sat next to Ryu, then put her head in my lap. i looked up at the man "i dont want to go with you sir. i just want to be with Ryu, we are going to go on a date tomorrow."

he stared at me and frowned then a small girl landed behind him. she had a small yellow dress on and long brown hair. she was wearing a white cat mask. she took off her mask, revealing her red eyes, just like mine. she smiled at me and then sat next to me and looked down at Ryu, she put her hand on top of my hand, which was on her head. she smiled "it will be okay once you come with us, any pain you feel now will go away if you come with us. we arent like your past master. we wont hurt you, we want to give you power." she looked into my eyes "forget about the girl, she wasnt strong enough for this world. she couldn't handle the ghoul life. but you..... your strong, and we can make you even stronger." she put her hand on my cheek and stared me in the eyes, her eyes were so enchanting. she spoke softly "will you come with us juuzou?"

i somehow got lost in her eyes and didnt realize that she had placed her hand on my face. she smiled at me with such a peaceful and innocent face.

then she stood up and turned around with her hands behind her back "if you choose not to come.... i will have to kill you." she turned to me and smiled. then she put her mask back on and jumped off the building and disappeared.

the man walked up to me "have you made your choice yet?"

i looked down at ryu and lifted her up and stood. "i choose ryu." i said flatly.

he put his mask on and nodded "well then i guess you will have to bring the girl then. i mean its not like shes dead yet. we can fix her, we were the ones who created her after all."

i froze and stared at him "you can fix her?"

he nodded "of course but only if you come with us."

i looked at Ryu and frowned. these are the people who hurt you, but these are the only people who can save you.

i looked at him and nodded "ill come with you if you save her."

he put his arms out "give me the girl and you follow Alice to your new home."

i turned my head and saw the girl standing next to me. i hesitantly handed Ryus body to the man and he jumped into the air and disappeared.

i sighed and looked at the girl "are you Alice?"

she took her mask off and nodded "thats me!" she said and smiled then she walked over to Shi and picked him up onto her back. she looked back at me "come on lets get going. i dont want to get caught."

i nodded "okay."