chapter 64

I walked into the room and was ready to be angry at the sight of Ryu but when i walked in she wasn't there.

I closed the door and walked past the beds into the kitchen. She wasn't there either. Then I looked in the bathroom and she wasn't there.

I sat down on the bed and looked around the empty apartment type room. "Where is she?" i muttered to myself.

I tried to fell relieved that she wasn't there but my curiosity was forming inside me. Did she just leave on her own? Did someone take her? Did she leave forever?

My thoughts were suddenly broken by a loud crashing sound outside the window. I walked over and moved the curtains.

I froze, staring at Ryu sitting on our window sill that was 20 stories up, her feet dangling in the air. Her green hair blowing side to side. It was longer now and almost reached her shoulders. The black singed pieces on the ends had started to look dead and dry.

She slowly turned her head to see me and smiled "do you want to sit with me Juuzou?"

I stared at her for a moment not feeling angry. I looked out at the small streets and people below us. I slowly climbed out the window and hung my legs along with hers. The small window forced us to be close and i could feel her somewhat shaking.

I looked out at all the tall buildings and breathed in the air. Being up high always made me feel great, and forget life.

Ryu looked down and spoke softly "hey... So.. I wanted to apologize to you."

I didn't look at her and flatly said "for what?"

She took a deep breath and then looked at me "For forgetting you. And forgetting me. And for not being there for you."

I looked at her bright brown eyes and said nothing. I then turned my head back to the view and muttered "Im sorry that i hate you now."

She laughed slightly and i felt her shaking grow. She nodded. "Juzo.." she said softly.

I ignored her.

She suddenly dove forward off the ledge of the window diving head first toward the concrete below.

I suddenly panicked and swung my body over too, grabbing one of her hands and holding the ledge with my feet.

I screamed at her as we hung there, above the city, "You're not going to die because of me another fucking time! You selfish idiot!"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "B-but.. I thought you hated me..."

I pulled us back up and threw her onto the floor inside. I slammed the window shut and then glared at Ryu. "I would hate anyone dumb enough to throw themselves out of a window for no reason."

She stared at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry.... I just thought it would make you feel better." She paused and looked down "or make me feel better.... Everything is all jumbled and painful.... I'm not sure what happened and what didn't.." she looked up at me "i remember blood... So much blood.... And eating....and i remember wanting you so badly.... But i cant put it together. Its just a bunch of scattered memories."

I knelt down next to her and slapped her across the face then yelled, "You are just too weak to understand anything. Stop it with the self misery. You look like an idiot. no wonder i hate you so much now. you take everything so... serious." I walked towards the door and laughed "i mean i guess we both have been doing that." I paused and turned to her with a smile "why don't you go ahead and throw yourself out that window. just don't tell me about it. I really don't want to be involved in your weird issues. I'm just going to get some ice cream." i turned back around then walked out of the room... never letting the smile leave my face. 

( sorry i haven't updated in awhile. school has been stressing me out. but luckily it is break and i have time to stall doing my online school. :). oh and i have no idea where i'm at in the story so i need to go recap. expect another update in a couple hours. )