chapter 39

"the ghoul gasmask has strikes again. once again gasmask has killed one of his own kind. a body of a ghoul was found in a small ally way half eaten and violently mutilated. we suspect this is the doing of gas mask due to the odd black substance that was found at the scene. detectives are still trying to decide what exactly this substance is and if its dangerous...." shinohara turned off the tv. I looked back at him "whyd you do that?"

"we got work." he threw a jacket at me. "put that on on its cold out there."

I lifted the oversize jacket and put it on. I walked out after shinohara and got in the car. he drove to a little ally way and stopped. i went to open the door but he stopped me. he handed me a little white paper mask. "you need this. the crime scene is a bit..... messy."

i wrapped the masks strings around my ears then jumped out of the car and walked in the ally. all around was blood and guts. there was a severed arm stuck to a wall with dried blood. on the floor in the middle was a pile of meat with a black liquid on it. the only thing remotely identifiable was the head lying on the ground with red ghoul eyes. i knelt down by the body, or rather what was left of it. i looked closely and saw a strand of hair. i picked it up, it was green. shinohara walked up behind me. "so this guy has green hair then. good job juuzou." he patted my head.

i said nothing i just stared at the hair having a weird feeling in my gut. something about this feels...... similar. i dismissed it and stood up. i looked at shinohara "whats all that black stuff?"

"we have no idea. its nothing we've seen before. were taking a sample of it to analyze but whatever it is it cant be good."

i looked down at the body again. who is this gasmask guy? i cant wait to find him. it should be fun killing him...