chapter 20

I stopped and looked at ryū. She was standing about three feet away from me. Just staring. Her green hair was splattered with blood. She looked at me like I......like I was the monster. But its a ghoul. Why is she looking at me like I'm the monster. Then she slowly walked over to me and put her hand on mine. I felt the warmth of her fingers. Then she took the sword out of my hand and threw it a few feet away. She put her hand up to my head and moved a lock of my white hair out of my eyes. Then she looked into my eyes "juzo......you are human, And I love you no matter what people think of you." She took off her hat and put it on my head. Then she wrapped her arms around me. I didn't move. I just felt the warmth of her body on mine.

"Ryū. Can you stop touching me." I said flatly.

She backed up and laughed with tears falling down her cheeks. "Oh my god juzo. I really love you. And you are so oblivious to what love is. You're so damn cute." She wiped her eyes then looked down at the ghoul. "Is he really a monster juzo?I know he tried to kill us...but does he really deserve this?"

I smiled at ryū "oh he doesn't deserve it. I just like stabbing people!"

She looked at me and smiled. She started to cry again but she was smiling. "Juzo....I think you need to go to a hospital. I'm not sure how much of that blood is yours but you were thrown like 60 feet."

I looked down and saw that I was completely covered in blood. I looked at the ghoul and sighed. Then I picked up the sword and cut his head off. I looked at ryū and smiled "the ghouls dead now. Lets go kill another one!"

"Uh....no juzo. I think one ghoul is enough." She frowned "I think I'm gonna be sick. I can't hold it in anymore!" She ran to the side of the road and vomited.

I leaned down to the dead ghoul and smiled "now you and taki can be together." I turned back around and saw ryū staring at something. I walked over and then saw what she was staring at. There was a little girl sitting on a bench with headphones and a blindfold on.

Ryū walked up to the bench then tapped the girls shoulder "hello?"

The girl lifted her blindfold then took off her headphones. "Papa?"

Ryū smiled "uh..Hi."

She looked at ryū with a blank expression. "You smell like papa."

Then I walked over there and smiled at the girl "your a ghoul right?"

"Where's papa? Why do you guys smell like papa? Where's papa?"

I grinned "you are a ghoul!" I pointed to the road where the body was lying "your dad's right over there."

She looked at his body for a moment then frowned. She looked me in the eyes and smiled "okay. I want you to kill me. I want to be with mama and papa and taki. I want to be dead."

I smiled and lifted the sword. "Okay."

Then ryū put her hand on my arm "no juzo! You can't just kill her. She's a little girl."

I looked at ryū "but she's a ghoul. Ghouls are monsters. I can kill her. She's not human."

Ryū frowned "I don't care! Ghoul or not. She did nothing wrong so you can't kill her."

I set the sword down and looked at the little girl. She had black hair and green eyes. She was wearing a pink skirt and a green top. I smiled "well I guess we can keep her cause she's pretty."

Ryū laughed then put her hand out to the little girl. "Come on its okay."

The little girl smiled at ryū. Then put her hand in ryū's. Then all of a sudden the girls eyes went black and a ghoul arm sliced ryū's stomach. I quickly grabbed the sword and stabbed it through the girls stomach. She fell on the ground. Then she looked at me with tears in her eyes "did you seriously expect me just to become your friend!? You killed papa! Your a monster!"

I stabbed the sword into the girls forehead and she stopped moving. "I'm not a monster." I turned around and saw ryū clutching her stomach. There was blood covering her shirt.

She looked at me "j...juzo."

I walked over to her then lifted her up in my arms and carried her over to the street. I set her down under the street light and smiled "don't worry ryū. I'll fix it."

She lifted her hand up and put it on my face. "Juzo. I love you."

I ignored her and dug the red thread that I got at the tattoo parlor out. Then I looked at ryū and frowned. "Can you feel pain ryū?"

She frowned "wait juzo. What are you gonna do?"

I sat on top of her and lifted her shirt to see her wound. Then I looked at ryū. "You need to keep your hands away. You can scream as much as you want but you need to keep your hands away. okay?"

She looked at me with a worried look "wait. What are you doing!?"

I pulled a long piece of thread then cut it with my teeth. Then I tied the needle on. I frowned and stared at ryū. Then I took the needle and dug it into her deep skin and flesh. She screamed and started to kick. She started to grab at my hands as I pulled the tread through her flesh. "STOP IT! STOP IT JUZO!!"

I stopped and frowned at her. She had tears falling down the sides of her face. I sighed "ryū your going to die if you don't let me do this."

She shook her head "please don't. Just let me die." I pulled two knives out of my shirt then rammed them into the ground above her head. Then I ripped a strip of my shirt off. "What are you doing juzo?!" I ignored her. Then I grabbed her hands. She struggled but I was stronger. I tied her wrists together with the piece of shirt then I tied that to the knives I had put in the ground. Now she can't move her hands. "Juzo no!! Please don't!!!" Tears fell from her eyes and she shook her head. She was kicking her legs but it didn't do much since I was sitting on her.

I smiled "its gonna be okay now ryū. I grabbed the needle and started to dig it into her skin. I used the knife to help. Ryū was screaming and kicking from the pain. Telling me to stop but I kept doing it. I stitched her flesh back together. Her blood was getting all over me. I had trouble stitching while she was moving so much but I kept going on. I tried to ignore all of her pained screams. Then after awhile her screams stopped and her body stopped moving. She was unconscious. I started to sew quicker not carrying how much pain I caused because she won't feel it. I finally finished and I took a knife and cut the thread. I tied it in a tight naught. Then I took the knife and cut off her access skin. I got up off of her and stood up. I smiled "your okay now ryū."

I leaned down and lifted up her limp body. I looked at her face and whispered "I'm sorry." Then I started to walk home, leaving behind the other body's.