chapter 12

We got out of the car and walked down a gigantic parking lot towards a large building. I grabbed shinohara's arm and his behind him so that no one could see me. He smiled down at me and laughed to himself. When we walked up to the glass doors they opened without us even touching them. I twisted my head studying the doors to find out how that happened. Inside the building it was really cold and I shivered. Shinohara looked down at me then handed me his coat. I put it on and smiled at him. He nodded and started to walk again. I quickly grabbed his arm again and we walked past a bunch of different stores. He stopped and looked down at me. "So. What do ya want for breakfast juzo?"

I smiled "some of your yummy ramen!"

He chuckled "Okay well how about we get some actual food. What do ya say?"

I nodded and smiled at him. He walked over to a shop and walked inside. A man looked up from the counter and waved "hey shinohara! Come on in. I'll cook up your usual." Then he leaned over and looked over at me. "Oh. I didn't notice that you had company. Sit down and I'll take your order in a little bit."

Shinohara sat down at the counter and I sat down in the chair next to him. He started to whistle while waiting. I studied him then looked over and saw a bunch of straws. I started to take them and build a little house. Then I heard laughter in front of me. It was the man again he looked at shinohara. "So who's the little girl you got with you? Your not robbing the cradle are ya?"

He laughed. "Definitely not. This is juzo. And by the way......he's a boy."

The man looked at me. "Sorry bout that kid but you are wearin a dress." He leaned on the counter. "So what can I get you juzo?"

I shrugged and then shinohara but his hand out and pointed to me "he's gonna have the eggs and bacon."

The man nodded "got it. I'll be right back. Oh and you both want coffee right?"

Shinohara nodded and the man walked away. Shinohara looked at the little house I had made out of straws and smiled. "That's pretty good."

I nodded and looked at him "who's that man you keep talking to?"

He grinned "that's Randy. He's a pain in the ass but he's funny so he can get away with it. We went to highschool together and I just couldn't get rid of him." He took a sip of the coffee that someone had just set in front of us.

I smiled "well if you want to get rid of him I can just kill him for you."

He started to choke on his coffee and looked at me with wide eyes. "Uhhh....no juzo you can't just kill someone like that. It's not allowed. And besides he's my friend."

I looked at him curiously, "but didn't you call him an ass and say you wanted to get rid of him. How can he be a friend?"

He sighed "well he's just that kinda friend. ya know?" He looked at me but I just looked back at him confused. He laughed "obviously you don't know." He sighed "but remember you can't kill people anymore, its against the law and you will be arrested."

I looked at him confused. "But isn't your job to kill people Mr. shinohara?"

He shook his head. "No no. My job is to kill ghouls."

"But ghouls are people too right?"

He shook his head. "Nope ghouls are just disgusting creatures disguised as humans. They pretend to be normal people and then they go and eat you. No ghoul deserves to live."

I thought of taki and her mom. "But ghouls are just normal people that eat humans. They can't help it that that's their food."

He looked at me with serious eyes "no juzo! Ghouls are foul creatures and deserve to die. Don't let their appearance fool you. All they want to do is kill you. They seem nice but every single ghouls eyes are pitch black behind those fake human eyes."