Chapter 72 - Hello Coraline

"Hello?", a familiar voice called out into the hallway.

It took me a moment to realize who was calling out and then it hit me, that was Alice!

 I crawled over to the bars, being still too weak to stand, and then put my arm through the bars and around the wall between me and the cell that supposedly held Alice. I waved my hand and said "Hi Alice!", cheerfully. 

I heard some scuffling and then she spoke in a confused and drowsy way "Juuzou?"

I waved again "present!", I smiled as the words left my lips. 

I heard her scuffle closer to the bars where my hand was and then i could hear her voice louder, "Whats going on? where are we??", she said sounding more drowsy then scared.

i hesitated for a moment realizing that i actually had no idea where we were or how we got here. I was so used to being in trouble i didn't even have the thought of being shocked or worried. i laughed to myself and leaned my head forward and against the rusty bar. 

i heard Alice sigh in disapproval of my laughter. Then she shook off the drowsy voice and spoke in her normal calm and collected voice, "I guess we need to escape now then.."

I grinned "Sounds fun!" 

I heard her hand grab the metal bar and the sounds of feet moving but then a loud slapping sound against the ground like she fell. I heard her say "Shit" under her breath. She punched the wall "I've been fucking drugged!!", i heard her announce in an angry and firm voice. 

I'd never heard her upset before like this, she sounded like she wanted to rip someones throat out. I lifted my head up "Are you weak too? I cant even stand up."

"We must have been drugged. Those bastards! Whoever they are must have known who we are and knew that without drugging us there was no way they could get us here. If these drugs don't ware off soon this could end up really bad for us.", She punched the wall again.

I glanced at the slim hole between the metal bars, the hole much too thin to squeeze through. I looked up at the ceiling and there was no escape there either. This place didn't even look like it had a door. How did they get us in here? 

Suddenly Alice's demeanor changed, "Red! Red was with us when we were kidnapped wasn't she?? Is she here?? Where is she??", she said in a panicked voice. 

That's when i heard the sound of loud boots walking down the hallway, slowly coming towards us. Soon a tall man came into view but he was wearing a black ski mask over his head. He held large chains in his dirty hands and stopped in front of our cells. He wore black clothes over his large body and a brown blood stained apron on the front of him. From where i was sitting he looked to be twice my size and almost three times the size Alice was. 

He grunted in a way to clear his throat and spoke in a deep brooding voice that fit him well, along with his slight Scottish accent, "get up! ye are bein takin to the master." He then threw the chains with between the bars of the cell. They had cuffs on the end that i assumed he wanted me to put around my wrists. He did the same with the other chain but to Alices cell. 

I picked up the thick metal bracelets and did what i was supposed to and clicked it onto my wrist. I only did this out of sheer curiosity of who 'the master' was. People with power have always intrigues me in a way.

As soon as i got the cuffs on my wrists the bars of my cell moved upward from the ground and into the ceiling, making a opening for me to walk through to get into the hallway with the man. I still was unable to stand so i crawled my way into the hallway, sort of dragging my body along the wet and filthy floor.