chapter 61

alice led me down some stairs and into a dark hallway that was very dimly lit. she stopped at one of the many steel doors. she turned to me "these are our containment areas, so dont be surprised if it has some odd things in there. I'm sure your little girlfriend is fine though. she never seems to die anyways even if shes killed." she smirked at me.

i nodded and she turned back around to open the door. she put a key in the lock and there was a loud clanking sound.

we walked in and inside there was a large glass box with a chair inside. sitting on the chair was ryu, her head was leaned back like she was sleeping. she was wearing a black tshirt and some black shorty shorts. she didnt have any shoes but she did have black knee high socks on. i walked up to the glass and stared in at her, then looked at alice "is she alive?" i asked curiously.

alice shrugged "i dont know, ask the doctor." she pointed at a boy sitting on a chair in the corner with a book. he had brown hair and pink eyes. he was wearing a lab coat over his tshirt and jeans. he had a pair of glassed sitting on the tip of his nose.

i walked up to him and stood in front of him.

he looked up and tilted his head then smiled "those are some interesting stitches you got there, its odd, they dont seem to be for anything surgical yet there are no wounds that indicate that they were used as torture. that indicates that they are most likely self inflicted. and since you are a human that usually indicates that you are either suicidal or that you have a mental disease." he stopped and looked at me for a moment then smiled and adjusted his glasses. "since you have a normal heartbeat that indicates that you have a mental disease instead of being suicidal do to the calmness when i say the word suicide. it seems that your mental disorder has been caused by most likely a past event that happened and deformed your way of thinking. i can tell by the lack of physical deformities and how you present yourself with no fear as if you have seen much more terrifying things than this place. i also notice that you are extremely cautious of your surroundings, you are even at the moment examining everything around you. the only odd thing is that even though you notice that the girl has woken up and is staring at you, you are purposefully ignoring her as if you do not want to see her. unlike you, her heartbeat is extremely fast and she is fearful, its like she is more human than you." he lowered his eyes "so you two obviously know each other and have a strong connection but it seems like you are somewhat afraid to look in her direction. I'm surprised you can keep your heart beat so steady with all the emotions you should be feeling right now. you must have a history of killing because you are like an assassin." he looked over at ryu. "what i cant figure out is why that girl seems to fear you but also seems to be your friend. its as if you have tried to kill her at one point..." he smiled at me and stood up then put his hand out "nice to meet you juzo. my name is chisei. "

i stared at him then ignored him and looked at ryu then laughed "you are a very smart boy but youve got me all wrong im afraid."

he grinned and put his hand down "oh i am positive i did not. i am very good at reading people. i even got your name right didnt i?"

i looked at him and shrugged "you did."

he smiled and set his hand on my shoulder "well thats what your little girlfriend has been saying in her sleep."

i glared at him and smacked his hand off my shoulder.

alice laughed "come on chisei, stop it. your gonna scare the kid."

chisei looked at alice and sat back down, crossing his legs, he waved his hand "i highly doubt i will scare this kid. he is very strong mentally. his emotions do not show unless he want them to." he lowered his eyes at her "your heartbeat seems a little fast alice. did you happen to be with red recently?"

alice blushed "what?? what does that have to do with.... im not. it has nothing to do with her!"

chisei grinned "well you know whenever you too are together your heartbeat increases significantly, as if you are nervous, or scared, or maybe...."

alice suddenly landed in front of chisei and grabbed his shirt collar. "shut your mouth or i will make you with you werent born with that big old brain of yours!"

he didnt even flinch, he just smiled at her and said "you know the human is better at hiding his emotions than you. its sad, arent you an assassin alice?" he tilted his head "you shouldnt let your emotions loose you might let the wrong person see."

she let go of him and scuffed then looked at me "i can see why they chose you to join us now. chisei couldnt even make you flinch." she pointed at ryu "shes staring at you. maybe you should acknowledge her."

i looked at ryu and saw her sitting on the chair staring at me through the glass.