Another Boring Day

Chapter 4
___

I woke up. Everything was normal; Kai was lying on my bed, Hiryu was sleeping on the mat, and the sun was shining extra bright today. I let out a big yawn.

Kai turned around and fell off my bed, right on top of Hiryu.

Hiryu struggled to breathe. "Agh! Get off!"

She didn't respond. Hiryu kicked her off of him and got up. "Good morning, love."

"Oh my gosh!" Kai quickly got up and changed into her human form.

"What happened?" I said.

"I forgot to pick up my kid from her father's house."

"Kid?" Me and Hiryu both said in confusion.

"Uh... I mean pet. I need to pick up my pet from her father's house. That's a nick name for vet." I saw her sweat dripped down her neck.

I cleared my throat. "Is there something that you need to tell us?"

Kai gave up and confessed. "Ugh, fine. So I met this mixed black wolf/ demon 600 years ago in the forest. We fell in love a couple months after a couple of months. We then had our first kid when we were 200 years together."

"How many kids do you have?"

"I had 4 kids, one named Amai-Yuri, another named Taiyō-no-ōji, then Rakki-Jinan, and the other one called Shizen-No-Joō. Yuri was the first daughter, she got killed by a Dragon prince. Taiyō was the first son and he was killed by the Wolf King for being a demon. Jinan is the second son and he's at my boyfriend's house with Shizen."

"Why you didn't tell us?"

"Because they are not legal children."

"Huh?" I scratched my head in confusion.

"Every born child has to be recorded into the government of the kingdom that he/she was born in. I didn't do that because the rule in the Wolf Kingdom is that you must be born a wolf to live. I decided not to risk anything, so all my children were house born and illegal. They caught Taiyō and they killed him."

I was feeling sorry for her. "I didn't know..."

"It's alright kiddo. I have to go now. See yah." She ran out the door with her strong wolf legs.

"Do you think that her husband isn't a wolf?" Hiryu asked.

"I don't know. Maybe." I changed the subject. "I need to shower. Don't walk in on me unless I call your name, 'kay?" I made him blush with my gentle smile.

He looked to the side. "Okay. Hurry up in there."

🌸 After Breakfast 🌸

Hiryu and I were laying on the couch, bored out of our minds. He was twirling my hair, I was holding his hand, and we were silent.

I just had to say something before I die of boredom. "Can we do something! Something fun." I complained.

"We've played Chop Sticks, American Tag, Otedama, Jaken (rock, paper, and scissors), and Oragami. What else can we play?"

I thought of something from the top of my head. "Let's play Kansen (Infection)."

"Kansen?"

"I could be the sick person and I try to infect you. So you have to run away while I run after you."

"Cool game. I call not being infected!" He ran outside.

"Hey!" I ran after him. "No fair".

I chased him around trees, bushes, rocks, and flowers, but I couldn't manage to lay a finger on him.