Kai's House

Chapter 5
____

Dear Family,
Hiryu and I won't be back for a while. If you see something suspicious, hide in the bomb house. If we don't come back in 3 months, we are probably dead. I love you guys so much.

-Sakae

I placed the note on the fridge. "Ready?"

"Sakae, are you sure about this? Can't we wait until it's 4:00 in the morning to go to Kasai's castle?"

"If that guy on the news was really Akuma, he would either come here and kill us all, or be at Kasai's castle by now. We can't fight him alone, so we need Kai to help us." I locked my tachi sword in place.

"You're right". He put his blade in his pocket.

"How come we can't carry guns and stuff?" I asked.

"Bullets can't hurt magical creatures, swords can because bullets have a type of metal that doesn't harm us."He looked outside. "Let's go before it turns completely dark." He opened the backyard door.

We held hands and started making our way into the forest. "Do you know where the Wolf Kingdom is located at?"

"From what I remember, it should be located near the Elf Kingdom."

I laughed.

"What's so funny?"

I wiped my tears out of my eyes. "Really? A Elf Kingdom? Next your gonna tell me that there's a Unicorn Kingdom."

"There isn't a Unicorn Kingdom. Unicorns were extinct a million years ago. Stop being ridiculous and hop on my back." He bent down and I hopped on.

"You didn't have to be so mean." I pouted.

He transformed into a dragon and took off into the sky.

🌷🌷🌷

The sun was halfway down the horizon. "Hiryu, are you sure you know where your going? We passed like a dozen kingdoms and we still -"

"Found it!" He dove down below.

I held on to his horns tightly. We landed in front of the gates of the kingdom.

"What's a dragon and a human doing here?" A female guard in her human form stood in front of us.

"Where here to see my sister." He lied. "This is my girlfriend."

"Were you born here?"

"No, not at all."

The woman opened the gate. "Alright, don't come out during the night if you wanna die. Have a good sleep."

We walked in. "Now what?" I asked. "How are we supposed to know where Kai is located at when we don't have her address?"

"You're right. There's so many people." He looked around. There were many people running around with food and babies in their hands. "What are they running from?"

Suddenly we heard many people slam their doors. "I think we need to get out of here," I worried, "The sun is almost down."

The entrance gate closed. "We can't do that anymore."

"Hey! What you guys doing here?" A woman yelled from her house. It was very dark out, even though the sun hasn't fully set.

"We're looking for someone." I yelled back.

I heard her face palm herself. "Sakae, get in my house." She opened the door.

"Kai!"I ran to hug her. She hugged me back.