Chapter Two

Pic of Hayden!

Hayden's POV

Today school was tiring and entertaining. Tiring cause of the loads of homework and assignments that I got in biology and entertaining because I got to make out with Kelly in the teachers bathroom. Damn that girl has an ass I just wanna tap. I chuckled thinking about the way we messed up the bathroom because things got a little wild.

Pulling in the drive way of the pack house I jumped out of my car, my baby The Shelby GT 500 in sleek black with navy blue stripes. I strode into the house, spinning the keys on my finger realizing no one was around as there was football practice and I was too tired so skipped it.

"Hailey I'm home. Where are you?" she was no where to be seen must be sulking as usual in her room. I swear that girl was a pain. I loved her and it hurt to see her in pain, after all she is my baby sister. But defending her could cause me to lose my popularity.

Entering my room I decided to have a shower to relax my tired muscles After changing I go down to have an early snack. It's been two hours since I came and Hailey had still not come down.

Wondering what's wrong I climbed to the attic, her room. I never liked the idea of her staying in there but my best friend and alpha, Zach and the rest of the pack agreed so I kept my mouth shut.

I opened the door, "Hey Hailey what you doing?"I stopped and noticed no one around. Turning to leave my eye caught a piece of paper on the bed. Picking it up I glanced at it. After reading it my hands started to sweat and tears welled up in my eyes. I fell on my knees and those tears finally fell for losing her. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have treated her that way. God I have screwed up so bad and I never even got to tell her that I love her." I cried.

Just then I heard Zach and the guys enter the pack house.

"Hayden man where are you, you missed a good practice" Zach yelled.

Running down in full speed I stopped as I saw Zach. His smile faded when he saw my face. Handing him the note I sat on the couch, head in my hands.

After he read the letter he yelled in anger and frustration that I had never seen before.

"How dare she leave me, I mean this pack. We have to get her back. Call everybody and assemble at the conference room NOW!" He yelled, anger evident on his face. Maybe he was just upset a pack member abandoned the pack.

"But Zach she mentioned that we shouldn't follow her. And besides this is your fault. If you guys hadn't bullied her she would be here now." I angrily stated.

"Hey don't give me that bullshit. You being her brother ignored her and joined us in the fun. So you are equally at fault." He yelled back, hurt flashed in his eyes but he quickly masked it.

Before I could reply Craig said, 

"Let's not waste time arguing. Every second gone by her scent will also disappear."

Zach and I reluctantly agreed but the tension was still present. As we were about to enter the conference room I pulled Zach aside and asked him the question that was on my mind.

"Zach, Hailey said you are her mate. Was it true or was she really faking it?" 

"NO!"

Zach's POV

After I read Hailey's letter my heart ached with an unfamiliar pain and my wolf howled in anger.You have lost her. She was our mate and you hurt her. What have you done

I shut him out and thought about Hailey. How the minute she touched me those jolts of electricity sent shivers of pleasure down my spine. But as soon as I opened my eye I was shocked it was her.

I rejected her that second because I couldn't have such a weak alpha female. I had a reputation that would have shattered in an instant. My mind clouded with all the insults and jokes I would get if she was my mate and because I was so terrified I said those words to her without even stopping to realize how it must have been for her.

But now as she left I felt my heart break to a point that I didn't know if it would ever be fixed. My fight with Hayden of who was to be blamed for her runaway was only because I needed someone else to blame but deep down I knew that this was my and only my fault. This realization made me sick to the stomach as we made our way down to the conference room. The whole way my focus was on Hailey.

When Hayden pulled me aside and asked me the one question I had no answer to,

"Zach, Hailey said you are her mate. Was it true or was she really faking it?"

As those words registered in my mind I thought of Hailey, her face, her smile but then my friends, my pack, my reputation came to my mind and before I could stop myself from speaking,

"NO!"

'Oh shit what have you done?' My wolf sadly mumbled. I knew he was in pain but I hoped to find her and then set things right. I would not let her go so easily. With that in mind I entered the room.

(Like the Chapter? Then go ahead and click that little star.)