Chapter Twenty-One

Pic of Zach.!

Zach's POV 

The evening was cool and pleasant unlike the afternoon sun. I really hated the summer. Reaching the cottage at around five in the evening, Hayden met me and led me in the house giving me updates that the Blue Sky pack had arrived. I never held any grudges against them, but was born knowing that they were traitors so I was taught to dislike them. After hearing the truth, I understood the anger but it never bothered me. As long as they don't cause problems I'm cool with it. And Liam was just the same, but until now I hadn't meet him so this would be the first time we face each other.

"Hayden, where is everyone?" I asked him noticing that there was no one in the living room. Just then Craig and Levi entered through the back door and following them were two boys I didn't know, assuming they were from sky pack. They looked around nineteen, with lean and fit bodies.

"Zach meet Kevin and Tyler, warriors of sky pack" Hayden said gesturing first to a boy with brown hair and hazel eyes and then to the other who had short brown hair and twinkling blue eyes. They had identical smiles and shook my hand formally.

"It's a pleasure to meet you alpha Zach." Kevin said and the other nodded in agreement.

"Same here and please call me Zach." I didn't like being addressed so formally. It made me feel old.

"Well it's nice to finally meet the infamous Zach." Someone said from behind me. I turned and came face to face with Liam. I recognized immediately that it was him with the power flowing from him in waves. My wolf jumped up as if sensing danger. Well my wolf was always on the edge. He rarely spoke to me and when he did it was always related to pack business.

Liam came up to me and held out his hand. He shook my hand curtly and just nodded at me. I felt his anger flow towards me, but didn't know why. I knew he was never one to be pissed for what our dads did. Maybe he was always anger, well not my problem. Shushing my wolf, we headed towards the dinner table were there were few snacks. After I had some, Hayden brought the maps of both our packs and we studied it. We both had the same amount of territory. As we discussed about it, I learnt that Liam was a fine alpha and was very compassionate about his pack.

"Hey Liam, where's umm Lily?" Tyler asked suddenly. I knitted my brows and turned a questioning look to Liam.

"She is asleep. The long drive back here must have taken a toll on her. " He said to Tyler and then turned to me, "Lily is our pack warrior."

My eyes widened in surprise, a female pack warrior. Now I really wanted to meet her and see why she was chosen as pack warrior. She-wolves were strong but never good in taking charge because well the males won't allow it, not that I was against she wolves but they seldom came forward to be a leader.

"Yea I had that same reaction." Hayden said smirking, "but trusts me she can be really scary when she wants to be."

"Well I'd like to meet her soon." I said in curiosity. Liam lowly growled causing me to stare at him in confusion. What crawled up his ass and died, I wonder.

"You will. Let's get back to the task at hand." He replied through clenched teeth. What the hell is his problem?

"Fine. Well as I was saying this clearing here was where the rogues had attacked us. Since it wasn't near the houses we didn't have many casualties. I tried acquiring a hostage but none would give up, so unfortunately I slayed them all. I heard that a guy name Logan was behind this. But other than that we have no information." Liam nodded as I went back to studying the maps.