Chapter Seven

Pic of Ethan!

Hailey's POV

As I walked along the empty corridors towards my locker I felt weak and a weird sensation in my hands and arms. School had finished an hour back but I had stayed to do some homework in the library. But in reality that was an excuse; I just didn't want to go home.

Firstly Liam and none of the others had come to school like they promised. And even Kevin and Ethan had left before lunch and didn't have the audacity to tell me. I found out by asking their classmates. Though it wasn't a big deal I felt this surge of anger and irritation consuming me.

Secondly I had this weird feeling as if I was on fire. My temperature was above normal. I was sweating profusely. So I stayed to cool off. My phone buzzed many times but I just sent a text telling that I'll be late and switched it off.

"Why I'm I feeling so hot. I just feel like as if my hands are on fire." I mumbled to myself.

And then the most unexpected and horrible thing happened. The homework papers in my hand caught fire. Stunned and scared I dropped them and watched as it turned to black ash.

"What the hell just happened? OH MY GOD!" I whisper-yelled in complete disbelief. I must be going crazy.

I looked at my hands and saw that they were on fire and I mean actually on fire. I ran to the bathroom and put my hand under the tap and let the cold water run on my hands. Pulling it back I noticed that my hands were absolutely fine. No nasty burns. NOTHING. At this point I was confused and terrified.

Walking out of the bathroom I made my way to my locker, quickly took my bag and sped out of the school to my car. As I slowed down to a walk I glanced at the sky. It was sunny and the sun was worsening my condition. I started sweating freaking buckets

"Please just rain today." I begged to no one in particular.

As I started walking to my car, I felt a drop on my cheek. I abruptly stopped and the next second it started pouring like cats and dogs. I was drenched completely. The cool water was so relaxing and it cooled my body temperature. Oh boy it felt so good!

But suddenly I stood up straight and realized what just happened. Was it a coincidence that I had wished for it? I mean it's May, how could it rain. What was happening to me? Without thinking I rushed to the car, started it and drove it home. The rain didn't stop, the sky had turned black and the sound of thunder filled my ears. I pulled up at the driveway and ran to the door and entered.