Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hailey's POV

This day was one that I would always remember. The sun was up showering us with it beautiful yellow rays and the wind blew steadily making the air feel cool and pleasant. I smiled feeling that the weather knew that I was in a happy mood today. A permanent smile decorated my face as I looked at the happy and health boy in front of me.

"So how are you feeling about going out with him?" Nate asked, teasing me with every word. I couldn't hold the blush that emerged on my cheeks again. How embarrassing. I put on my best poker face and looked at him blankly.

"What's that supposed to mean? It's just a casual thing and I owe him one." I replied. Nate smiled knowingly and gave me his I-know-it-all smile. I was sure Esther told him about this 'casual' meeting with Zach

"Anyways enough about me how are you?" I asked as I studied his face. He smiled and put his hand over mine. "I am perfectly fine. You don't have to worry about me Hails."

"Oh I am not worried. After you got Esther you have totally forgotten me." I faked hurt, wiping an imaginary tear of my face. His face fell and it really was comical to see him totally shocked. Gosh I'm an evil person.

"I have not. You know you will always be my choice. No one will ever come between us." He said with so much sincerity that I was overwhelmed. He was just the perfect person anyone would ever need. I love him so much. "I love you Nate. I really do. I wouldn't know what my life would turn out if you were not there by my side."

"I love you more, baby girl. But enough, you need to leave. Get ready you just got an hour left for this casual meeting you have with Zach." He teased. I shrugged. "You just want to kick me out because Esther will be back anytime soon. Why it has come down to this." I pouted as he snickered giving me his million dollar grin. I smiled, kissed his cheek and bid him goodbye. As I stepped out the door I came face to face with Esther.

I agree I haven't exactly forgiven her but I appreciate the effort she made for Nate. "Hi Esther, fancy seeing you here. Did you lose your way?" I asked my voice dripping with humor. Her face changed into a dark shade of red reminding me of myself. I giggled. "Go on he is waiting for you." She nodded and mumbled a 'thanks'. Well she is really a shy type, just the type of girl meant for Nate. The gods have indeed done something right this time.

Just then my phone buzzed in my back pocket indicating I just received a text. I took it out and saw that it was from an unknown number. Curiously I opened it and my smile widened.

"Hey I just wanted to check up on you. I can't wait any longer; wish the time would just go faster. Really looking forward to seeing you. Do wear comfortable clothes. -Zach

I giggled. I was glad to know he felt the same way as me. My insides felt all tingly inside, what the hell was wrong with me. I need to take this slow. Composing myself I told my overly excited wolf to calm down. This was a test to see if Zach was worthy of my forgiveness. I need to know that he has changed before I give him my heart completely because I was absolutely sure I wouldn't survive another rejection. I couldn't let myself be vulnerable yet. I was independent and so far I have done well.