Chapter Twenty-Three

Hailey's POV

"Alright everyone, this is new for me as well as you. So let's help each other out and train well." I said loudly as I stood in front of all the warriors of blue sky pack. I knew most of them so it was not awkward. I would lie if I said that this wasn't scaring the living daylights out of me but swallowing it, I put on a brave face and acted like a pack warrior.

As ordered by Liam, I rounded up all the 700+ warriors at daybreak. The huge courtyard was crowded with so many strong males and females. Now training them would have been a great task but I solved it by dividing them into groups. The experienced warriors will follow the lead of Nate, Tyler and Ethan and help the others in combat fighting, while the newbies will be with me and Kevin.

I haven't seen Liam since last night, but I pushed it behind and put my focus on training them. Few males were agitated that they were been given orders from a girl, but that was sorted as soon as Kyle, a stubborn guy stepped forward and challenged me. He was huge with disgustingly huge muscles. I just shook my head, clenched my fist and used my wolf and witch power to punch him in his gut. He fell back, with a scrunched up face and collided with a tree. My hand stung but the joy was way beyond.

I glared at everyone, silently challenging then to step up against me. But none reacted and just bowed their heads in submission. Since then a satisfied smirk was permanently fixed on my face.

"Okay so all the groups will carry out basic exercises. Jogging and stretching first which will be followed by combat fighting and defense. But I want you to pair up in a specific form. The experienced fighters will fight with a new warrior. Don't fight to hurt but to teach." I said sternly.

"You'll train them all the fighting skills with patience. No blood should be spilled." I looked at them and watch them nod in understanding. Kevin came up and stood near me.

"And also I want you'll to fight in your human form. It may be tough to do at first, but it is the best way to attack in a war. You can move faster and the enemy won't have a big target." I said lastly and then gestured Kevin and Ethan to form the groups.

After they were divided I started training them. Many were young and trying to be brave. I felt sorry but knew that this was inevitable. I just hoped everyone does their best and are ready for Logan. My group was fit and hard working. They were doing well without any complaints.

We then paired them for fighting and watched from the side, how the warriors guided the young in various fighting stances with patience yet firmly. Everyone was serious in their task and a smile broke on my face. Kevin, Ethan and Nate were busy helping the young with extreme care telling them the best way to attack an opponent. I watched every one of them, giving them some pointers in their technique, but encouraged them to use the technique they were comfortable with. Most of them didn't like being in their human form, but I just wanted them to be able to do both if the circumstance arrives.

As afternoon arrived I gave them a small break and watched them fool around and have fun. I envied them that in this time of war they can still enjoy the company of friends. The old and young were mingling and talking about random stuff. They reminded me of the days when I used to fool around with the five of them all day, just acting silly and enjoying each other's company. We continued till late afternoon. All the time I had no idea where Liam was. I sensed him sometimes but never saw him.

I called it a wrap and giggled as everyone fell on their faces in tiredness, which reminded me of myself. I could see the joy in what they achieved today. If we keep up this pace we'd be ready in no time. My heart filled with pride and my wolf also shared it with me.

"Hailey, it's time for your training." Esme said from behind me. I nodded and followed her to the pond. She knew what took place at the cottage but told me to forget it and let things fall into its rightful place. Her exact words were, "Hailey if you waste your time in wondering what will happen next you won't experience the wonders of now. Fate knows its job, just let it do that." This advice helped me a lot to concentrate.