Chapter Sixteen

Hailey's POV

Today was the day I would be fighting against Tyler. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared but I was more excited than frightened. If I won, I would be Pack Warrior and that thought just lifted my spirits up. My wolf was so confident that we would win. I was strong and so was she. We could together take any wolf in battle.

I was in my room just lying on the bed and staring up at the ceiling. After a quiet early breakfast I came back here and shut myself in. The duel was at 10am sharp. Each and every pack member would be there to see who would win and become the pack warrior. I knew that many had bet on it duel and none of them were on me because all of them thought I couldn't win. But I was so going to prove them wrong.

Suddenly my door opened wide and Liam stood at the doorway irritated and angry. He was one of the many few including Nate who had serious issues with this.

When I told him about this after our date he barged into Tyler's room and held him by his neck above the ground. His eyes had changed showing his wolf wanted to escape. If it wasn't for Nate, Kevin, Xavier and Ethan who pulled him back; he would have done some serious harm to him.

Even then he wasn't calm so I hugged him around his waist till he sighed and hugged me back. I knew everyone was around, looking but I didn't care. After sometime when Liam was calm I pulled back.

"Liam it's done. Now getting angry isn't going to change it. So please just trust me to take care of myself." I held his face and I could see the war going on behind those beautiful brown eyes.

"Then I'll change the rules. I'm Alpha I can do what I want." He said in stubbornly.

"Don't be stubborn Liam you're not thinking straight. Just promise me you won't do anything." He shook his head but I held it with both hands. "Promise me baby." I whispered lowly but I knew he heard it.

Hesitantly he nodded and I smiled, "do you trust me?"

"Of course I do." He said quickly.

"Well then trust me when I say I can do this." He looked up and glared at Tyler then Kevin. He must have understood or maybe read their minds that Kevin was the one to place the bet. One last look at me, he left. Since then he hasn't spoken or said a word to me. He kept himself busy and only while sleeping I had the chance to hold him but he still seemed distant.

But now as he stood in front of me trying to form words, I just smiled and ran into him holding on to him as if my life depended on it. He must have understood because he held tight burying his face in my hair. I took in his earthy scent mixed with his strong cologne that calmed me. I knew he was doing the same.