Chapter Twenty-Five

Hailey's POV

Four days have gone by and I have tried every second ignoring and running away from Zach. It was tiring to me as well as my wolf. I just didn't want to see or hear him say anything. The only thing I have done was spend as much time as possible with Hayden. He was amazing and loving and just perfect. It felt as if I got my old Hayden back, who loved me and helped me when I was small. Felt I was finally with family, with dad and mom.

We talked about everything that was there to talk about. He would teach me tricks and fighting lessons which I enjoyed the most. When he praised me, I went into cloud 9 and it was impossible for someone to bring me down. The rest of my gang were mingling with the pack members and getting along. It was nice to see everyone back to their happy self. No matter what I had really missed this place. I had missed my home.

But I couldn't say the same for Nate. He was always quiet and sad. Whenever I saw him, he looked haggard with huge purple bags on his eyes. When I asked him what was the matter he would just shake his head, kiss my forehead and go lock himself in his room. I didn't know what was wrong, he won't even talk to me and that was what hurt more. Didn't he trust me? I barely saw him in a day. I had no clue whether I should demand answers from him. This was so not him.

It was almost midnight and I haven't seen him for nearly two days. This was it, my patience has run out. I cannot watch him suffer any longer. I swear I'll force him to talk to me whether he liked it or not. Enough was enough. It was clear he was sad and depressed and he needed somebody. No matter what he said tomorrow I will confront him. I walked out of the bathroom, when I hear the door open quietly.

"What you think you're doing?" I asked as Zach shut the door behind him. It was late and I was really sleepy.

"I wanted to talk to you." He sated walking towards me. I raised my hands stopping him mid-way.

"But I don't want to talk to you." I barked. I was really irritated and just wanted to sleep it off. Seeing him again, just made me hurt more.

"Hailey please, just hear me out." He said. I heard the desperation in his voice. I couldn't stop the nod that came from me. He gave me his dazzling smile which left me all hot and bothered. Gosh these horny wolf hormones will really burn me someday.

"Hailey I know that you left because of me. No matter what I say or do this fact won't change. But I swear the minute you left me I have always felt this hole inside of me that won't ever go. After you left us, left me, life has become meaningless. If I wasn't an alpha and that an entire pack depended on me, I would have given up everything. I have missed you so much that every inch of my body hurts. My wolf is unresponsive and doesn't talk to me. I have not felt complete or happy these three years. You are what I need." He stopped for a breath and I didn't want him to stop.