Chapter Thirteen

Pic Of Hailey

Hailey's POV

"Feel the power flowing through your veins. Just try to access it." Esme said.

It had been five days since I started practicing magic. I knew for sure that I had the power to control four elements. But all I was able to do were small and simple stuffs which was really annoying. The worst part was that it really took a toll on me. Even the simplest spell made me weak as if I had ran a thousand miles nonstop. Esme said that it was natural and I shouldn't lose hope. But self doubt just kept eating at me.

I had done the same with the other elements just like I did with water. For fire I burnt the charcoal. For earth, I turned the dried leaves to fresh, soft green leaves and the most difficult was trying to control the wind and make those pieces of paper fly in the air. But all I could do was lift it out of the container. Every single one of these tasks was small yet too damn difficult. If it wasn't for Liam's constant assurances that I could do it, by now I would have definitely given up.

Now that I had understood my power, Esme wanted me to enhance it to do much bigger spells. Currently we were alone at the lake because this was the one place I could concentrate very well and also it was secluded from the pack. I had my eyes closed and was trying to imagine a ball of fire in my hands. My hands were in front of me, palms facing each other as if holding a big ball. But as usual I couldn't do it.

"Hails look at me." I opened my eyes and looked at her. Frustrated, tears escaped my eyes. I knew I was making a huge issue out off this. But everyone expects me to be their savior it really was heavy burden on my shoulders. Hastily I wiped them away.

Esme walked towards me with a gentle smile on her face. She cupped my face and wiped my wet cheeks. She pulled my head down a little and planted a soft loving kiss on my forehead.

"What is it Hailey? What's bothering you?" she asked softly. "Nothing Esme, just you know being my stupid self." I lied and weakly smiled. But she saw right through it. "Don't lie to your aunt Hails." She scolded softly. "Please tell me, maybe I can help."

I signed and stepped out of her hold and turned my back to her. "Everything is wrong Esme. I don't think I am that person everyone wants me to be." And that when the tears started flowing and I could do nothing to stop it. She just held my shoulder, squeezing it a little as if willing me to continue.