Chapter Eight

Pic of Kevin.

Hailey's POV

I got up thirsty and tired although I had slept for a few hours. I looked around the room that was dark except for the beam of moonlight streaming through the window. Turning to the bedside lamp and switching it on, I saw that the time was 2 in the morning. As I looked down at my tank top I noticed that it was drenched with sweat. My bedspread and blanket was also wet. I was confused as to why was I sweating so much. I walked to the en-suite for a cold shower to cool my body temperature.

Stepping under the shower it helped me cool down considerably, but I still felt a bit hot and stuffy. After an hour just sitting under the shower I stepped out and put on my robe. As sleep was no longer coming to me I walked to the balcony and sat myself comfortably on the lounge chair. I gazed at the moon which was shining brightly spreading a sense of warmth through me. Whenever I felt lost or angry or confused, just sitting under the moonlight cleared my head and sent a wave of solace within me.

I was lost in tranquility that I didn't notice the sudden bright white light coming from the left of the balcony. As it came closer towards me I was astonished by the beauty and purity of it. Though I was scared of this sudden appearance I felt a sense of security and love. In front of my eyes this bright white light transformed into a beautiful lady.

She had black midnight blue hair, and pale smooth complexion. Her eyes were a mixture of gold, purple and blue. It was absolutely stunning and captivating. She held a serene smile on her face. She was clothed in a white silk robe that trailed behind her. She was so breathtaking that I was at a loss of words. An aura of strength and power lingered around her. She glowed with a faint light transmitting from her body.

"Hello my child, I have waited for this day for a long time." She spoke. Her voice was filled with love and kindness. It was like sweet music to the ears. After a lot of struggling I found my voice,

"I am sorry but who are you?" I spoke in a whisper.

She smiled and stepped towards me. "I am The Goddess Luna, and you are my daughter."

Holy shit! I was standing in front of our goddess, our creator. Not everyone is blessed with her presence except if they were her devotee or a respected elder of the council. Even then I had heard she communicated through objects or only her voice was heard. Why was she standing in front of me in full form?

But then her words sunk in. 'Daughter?' what is she talking about. I stared at her, confusion sprawled across my face. Understanding my silence she said,