Chapter Thirty One

Ethan POV

I was officially bored. Liam had taken Kevin with him back to our pack house because he needed to be with our pack in case of any rogue attack. Honestly I guess he just wanted to avoid Hailey. I felt bad for him because Hailey was really getting closer to Zach, not that I am not happy for her. She finally got the happiness she deserves. I have never seen her so happy. But Liam is my friend and it hurts to see him suffer. I will never know his pain. I just hope that he finds his mate and can start anew.

Nate and Esther were also mending their relation. Everyone hated the fact that Esther had been the reason for Nate to try and kill himself. But it was very clear that she regrets doing it and is constantly trying to be with Nate and make him happy, she really did love him. Nate was still healing so Liam ended up taking my wing-man, Kevin. I felt alone without him. He was the only other guy who could even understand me. And now I was lying on this big couch with nothing to do than stare at the ceiling. It was already dark and the moon was shinning bright in the black sky.

Hailey and Zach have been out for a few hours and it was getting quite late. But I knew she was safe with Zach, he would never let any harm come to her. Everyone could see she was the only thing he wanted. I may not know why he rejected her in the beginning but he was sure as hell trying to make it up to her. He really is a great man once you get to know him.

"Ethan what are you staring at?" I heard Tyler ask me. I ignored him and continued to wonder in my thoughts.

"Hey bud you alright?" Tyler popped down near my head and put his big head in front my face.

"I was a few seconds back." I snapped back. "Wow what got your panties in a bunch?" He snickered. I shook my head in defeat. This was one thick-headed wolf I have ever known.

Before I could reply he continued, "Anyways I was thinking that since both of us have nothing to do maybe we could go out and enjoy this fine evening with some very willing girls." he said wiggling his brows.

I really wasn't in the mood but I knew Tyler would take it to his heart if I said no. And anyways I needed a distraction from this lonely night. So I nodded my head and got up to go and get dressed. Something made me stop in my tracks. A peculiar smell hit me and my wolf felt uncomfortable. Even Tyler had a suspicious look on his face.

Suddenly the door opened and in front of us stood a young girl in her late twenties. She had this smell that I was familiar with but couldn't put my finger on it. Her hair was a flaming red color and her eyes were like deep orbs of green. She wore a long black gown and a green cape to match her eyes. There was a powerful aura around her. Her face was covered with anxiety and my wolf growled at her but she didn't flinch. She just walked in and spoke in a thick British accent, "I need to see Hailey Johnson immediately." Her voice was steady but her eyes had an urgency and desperation.

"She's not here. Who are you and what do you need with Hailey?" Tyler asked. He was hostile and was trying to hold his wolf away. The mention of Hailey really makes all of us very protective. She stared right at him with a blank face. "I'll speak only with her."

"What are you doing here?" Came a low voice laced with anger. I turned and saw Esme standing at the doorway behind her, with closed fists and a very angry face. Well what was she doing here,  wasn't she supposed to be at our pack house. And she looks like she knows this uninvited guest and not in a good way. "Get the hell away from here, you vile creature." She yelled and she really did look scary.

"Well is this how you welcome an old friend." She said with cunning smirk on her face. Esme looked like she would explode and kill the woman with her bare hands when she said that. The tension in the room was very evident and Tyler and I had no idea what to do. "Friend? You call yourself my friend. You don't deserve to be called anything. What you need to be called is as sick bitch who deserves to rot in hell." The red head was quiet and she suddenly looked older and her face held so much sadness. "Please I just want to talk to Hailey. It's about Logan."

And that's when everyone fell silent at the mention of his name. She just sat on the couch and kept a straight face not answering any of the questions flying towards her. I guess we'll just have to wait for Hailey to get back. I shared a look with Tyler and his faced show worry and concern and so did Esme and I was sure my face was the same. This really is so messed up. "Get here quick Hailey." I whispered.

Hailey POV

I had a smile on my face. I was walking with Zach and just enjoying the silence of the night. My hand was in his hand and it just wouldn't stop tingling. I could really get used to this. I looked up at him and locked eyes with him. The love there really made my heart flutter. The day we had spent together was so beautiful that I won't stop repeating every single minute of it in my head.

The pack house came to view and suddenly Zach stopped. His hands tightened round mine. I frowned because he ruined my happy thoughts with his tensed up face. I tugged his hand but he just stared into space as if he was in a trance. And then suddenly he starting walking towards the pack house at fast pace. I jogged because he literally dragged me along but I didn't complain there was something really wrong. As we entered the house he let go of my hand and that made feel alone and empty. I shook my head and entered the room which held so much tension. Ethan, Tyler and Esme where staring at a figure sitting on the couch. I wonder when Esme got here. And then I realized that I haven't even told Zach who I am really. He stared Esme and then at the strange red head woman. From her scent I knew she was a witch, but something was off about her and the way Esme's nostril flared when she looked her I knew something was wrong.

And just then, the red head got up and stalked towards me. And that's when I actually saw her and boy was I impressed. She had deep intelligent green eyes and fair pale skin, a small nose and high cheekbones. She was really beautiful. "Hailey may I speak with you alone?" I frowned at her not knowing what she wanted with me. "What do you need with her?" Zach growled coming between us. His protectiveness was so new to me and it my wolf purr in happiness. I fought to put all Zach related thought away for now.  Anger crossed he face but she took a breath and just caught my eye.

"Hailey I have come from very far only to meet you. Please hear me out and then make your decision. I have news regarding your true self and who hunts you." My eyes widened at the mention of Logan and hearing her voice in my head. "And yes I can mind link with you its quite common among witches."

Something made me trust her so I nodded and put my hand on Zach's shoulder and sent him a small smile. He tried to protest but stopped when I firmly but gently told him to let me go. Esme looked at me with fear and I smiled reassuring her. She snarled at the woman as we exited the pack house and went to talk in the backyard. Well I hope this helps in some way I thought as we made our way into the woods.