Chapter Twenty-Eight

Unknown POV

Red adorned the ground. Heaps of dead bodies filled the small pasture. Green grass was covered with bright red blood and the air filled with burning wood. I watched as they lit up their small huts into flames as the families watched their home fall to nothing. I watched as hooded men took the young and old men away, binding them in chains and taking them off to work for the upcoming war. I watched as wailing women beat their chests as they helplessly watched their husbands and sons dragged away from them.

They were innocent, yet they faced the same horrors and hatred the guilty suffered. My eyes filled with tears but I was too weak to help. I knew this was wrong but I was a coward to stand against him. I didn't want this to go so far. I didn't mean to harm anyone. My stupid anger clouded my judgment and all that has lead to this. Their blood has soaked my hands and yet I remain numb. A small tear escaped my eyes as I watched a young boy scream for his mother.

Suddenly the young boy turned into a beautiful winged creature. His small delicate, snow white wings stretched nearly 7 foot wide. The feathers shinned in the glow of the moon. His eyes turned silver grey and small fangs stuck out of his mouth. He was so beautiful, something I have never seen in my life. Now I understood why killing this innocent people was so important to him. He was a coward and feared any creature that was unknown to him.

"NO..!" I screamed out. But it was too late. A huge black hooded man drove a sword straight into the boy's torso. His eyes dulled yet remained silver. The wings shrunk back and covered his small fragile body as it fell onto the blood covered ground. The deafening cries of his mother filled me and that was when I had enough. This was not what I signed up for. Taking my hands out of my cloak, I looked up to the wind and bid them to carry these evil men away.

Creating a huge tornado I watched as my work sucked in all the hooded figures into nothingness. I swayed my arms and didn't stop until each and every one of them was dead. I felt tired and drained, my body needed to rest, but I had to see the boy one last time. I walked up to him and saw he was still breathing. It was shallow yet it was enough. His wings had helped stop the bleeding. I placed my hands and watched my energy flow through his body. His wounds healed with a faint glow emitting out from it. His eyes opened and I saw silver orbs staring back at me.

"Thank you." said a small voice. I looked up and saw his mother looking back at me with gratitude. I nodded back at her getting away from her son.

"Who are you?" She asked as she held her sons hand. I secured my mask and pulled my hood to cover my face. "I am no one. Just rescue the others and leave here as fast as possible." Saying this I turned and walked into the shadows.

"I have to make this right and for that I need to find Elijah's daughter."