Chapter Thirty-Two

Hailey's POV

The moon that was nice and bright only a few seconds back, now hid behind thick clouds leaving everything down here in utter darkness. The huge trees of the forests stood above like a dark hooded figure the really looked scary. The night was silent, not a single creature made a sound. Even the soft blow of the wind was nonexistent. I shivered involuntary and waited for someone to speak.

I was still wearing the clothes from my date. How could this day be so good one second and turn into a nightmare in seconds. The red head woman stood at a distance from me with her back towards me. I still couldn't figure out who or what she was doing her. My patience was running thin yet I kept my calm. She eventually turned towards me and smiled.

"Well I guess I should start by introducing myself. My name is Hena and I knew your father very well." She said. I swear I saw her sniff a little. So this is the infamous Hena who ruined my entire life and made me an orphan. It's finally nice to put a name to that face. My wolf growled in hatred and wanted to sink her claws into her.

"I know you must hate me." She said. I snorted, "you think." I couldn't hold the anger anymore. "You are the cause I never grew up with my parents. I never got to know who I really am."

"Hailey I know I did such horrible things to you and your family but I was not in my right senses. Please just listen to what I have to say and I swear after that whatever you're decision is ill accept it." I could hear desperation in her voice so I just gave curt nod for her to continue.

"Elijah." She whispered his name with so much emotion. She looked straight me and said, "He was everything to me. I needed him like a flower needs the sun. He was the love of my life. When we were together it felt the world was heaven and nothing less. He was the best warlock ever and the man of my dreams. All those years we spent in hiding were perhaps the days I wished I could relive. He took care of me and Esme and never even complained. When the tribes found us I was glad and thought that maybe now I could settle down with him and start a new life. I thought of many ways to attract his attention to me but he was so busy just getting the tribe settled." She said with a small smile on her face.

"And then your mother came." She said with sadness and bit of anger. My wolf growled at her for speaking of my mother in that tone but she didn't hear it. "She was so beautiful that he couldn't keep away from her. And what made it even worse was they were mates and he wanted only her and I was left back. I was heartbroken because I lost the love of my life. It felt all those years meant nothing anymore. Every time I saw them together laughing or mingling with the tribe I died each time. Your mother was someone nobody could hate, everyone loved her instantly. I was clouded by my anger and I left the tribe hating both of them with every ounce of my body." She turned away but not before I saw tears escape her eyes. She looked so devastated and sad, but no matter what I couldn't feel any sympathy for her. I just looked at her with no emotion.

"Logan found me when I had crossed the borders of Mexico. I was sick, hungry and tired. At first I had no idea who he was, but he knew me. He helped me to regain my strength and at the same time he grilled me about my past and I told him. And that's when he started telling me his intentions for the world and how he wanted to control every supernatural being on this planet. He fueled my mind with hatred and made me use my powers to find these creatures and threatened them on his side. I had no idea that he was torturing them because he would just tell me to track them and then he'll leave me in his house. And when I found him torturing a fairy in the dungeons I was furious and attacked him. I told him that I was never going to help him anymore." She said gritting her teeth in anger.