Chapter Thirty-Four

The video on the side is what I listened to while writing this chapter. 

'You and Me' by Lifehouse

Hailey's POV

Everything around me was fine. It felt as if nothing was ever wrong. The pack members were happy and carefree, the children ran around playing with each other, mated wolves cuddled together outside in the chilly morning. Everything seemed perfect but then why was my heart pounding like it was being squeezed from the inside. I felt all this was just too prefect and anytime Logan would come and take everything I hold precious. I was on an edge and I could do nothing to stop it. I stood on the porch nursing a cup of coffee and just enjoying the happy picture in front of me. The cold morning wind flew past me and an involuntary shiver crossed my body making me hold the hot cup tighter. My thoughts went back to the thing nagging me the most. Hena.

It's been four months and 3 weeks since I met Hena. After she told me her life story, I agreed that she could stay with us in the pack house under strict restrictions. She stayed back for two days and then left saying she felt suffocated with so many wolves and will try to go scout Logan's fortress which apparently lies somewhere to the north of Canada. Well after that, I had received only a few letters from her giving us her location. It's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard from her. This makes me all the more anxious. I needed to know what was happening at Logan's place and what his plan was.

"Hey baby." He whispered in a seductive voice near my ear. Strong arms wrapped around me from behind and I suddenly felt hot and sweaty in this cold. I smiled feeling his hot breathe on my neck making my wolf jump in happiness. Zach and I had been going steady for a while. I hadn't fully given myself to him but I knew I will soon. He had been the most loving and caring mate I could ever ask for. He made me feel so special and everyday he wouldn't fail to show me how much he loved me. I hadn't said those words back but I knew that deep down I was completely and madly in love with this alpha. I was just waiting for the right time.

"Hey yourself." I replied. "What you doing here?" He asked kissing my neck, sending my heart on a wild run.

"Nothing, just watching the kids playing, wishing I could be like them, you know. Happy and free with nothing to hold me back. No burdens, no judgements. I miss it." I whispered suddenly feeling low and scared. He tightened his arms around on me and put his chin on my shoulder.

"Hailey this is all just temporary. Believe me when all this is over I'll take you away and make sure you are forever happy." He said. I smiled and turned to face him pecking his lips but he had other plans. He held me firmly and deepened the kiss, gently biting my lips asking for entrance. I moaned and let him in tasting him and feeling ecstatic and turned on. We battled and finally I let him explore me with his tongue loving every wave of sheer pleasure that passed through my body. I got lost in the kiss as if we were the only two beings present.

"Ahem" Some coughed and I quickly pulled back to see Craig standing there looking at us with a smug face. Zach groaned in annoyance and he smirked even wider. "Hi don't be mad at me. If you want privacy go get a room and not on the fucking porch." I buried my face in Zach's chest in embarrassment as he just chuckled at Craig. God how can he be so cool and composed after that little incident.

"Alpha, can we talk inside. Hailey if you could join us." Levi said coming from behind us. Zach nodded and took my hand in his guiding us inside to the conference room. I was curious as to what would they want to talk about.  We entered the room and my eyes immediately fell on Hayden. I smiled at him warmly and he came over and kissed my forehead. He nodded at Zach and then turned back to face the rest of the people in the room. There was Craig and Levi, Hayden and Felix.