Chapter Twenty

Hailey's POV

Hayden stood in front of me and all I wanted to do was run and let him wrap his arms around me. I didn't know if it was real and resisted the urge to pinch myself. For three long years I had not seen him yet still his picture was forever sketched in my mind. I had loved him even when he didn't. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Blinking quickly, I looked at his face searching, for any signs of recognition. Did he even remember me? Was I ever on his mind? Did he miss me or was I a distant memory.

"Hi, I'm Kevin and this is Tyler." I heard Kevin say and saw both of them shake hands with him. He turned to me expectantly and smiled. But all I could do was stare back. How I wanted to scream; tell him that I was Hailey, his long lost sister. But from his face I knew he had no idea who I was. That should have been a good thing but I couldn't disguise the tugging in my heart for my own brother didn't recognize me. Was I that different now?

"Ouch" I whispered when I felt Liam poke me with his elbow and pointed towards Hayden who had his hand held out.

"And who is this beautiful girl?" He smiled at me without a hint of seduction but genuine curiosity.

"Ummm-I'm Lily, pack warrior." I lied. Kevin, Tyler and Liam widen their eyes but left it at that not showing any other reaction.

"My my, a female pack warrior. Well that's a first." Hayden looked at me from top to bottom, examining me with amazement.

"Oh you bet. She beat my ass at a duel, hence her tittle." Tyler stated proudly.

"Well I'd like to see you in action little one." He mused. My heart soared at the nick name he gave me but I quickly hid my smile and scowled at him.

"Don't ever call me that." I snarled causing him to stare at me in surprised. "Alright, my bad." He said raising his hands above.

Someone cleared their throat from behind. I looked behind him and saw two men. One of them was Craig Farris, the pack warrior, one of the many wolves who tormented me in the past, the other I didn't recognize.

"Oh sorry, this is Craig, 'our' pack warrior," He grinned at me, as if indicating that was supposed to be funny. I blankly looked at him. Shrugging he turned to the other guy, "And this is Levi, one of our warriors."

"Please you guys must be tired. Do come in, there are some refreshments laid out for you." Craig said gesturing us to follow him. His brown hair was cut short and his pale skin looked even paler. His brown eyes still looked the same, filled with mischief and evil. We quietly followed them into the house.

The interior was as beautiful as the exterior. We entered into the living room where the temperature was cool due to the air conditioning. I was thankful for that because outside it was a living furnace. The walls were painted an ivory white color with dark green drapes. A huge plasma TV was mounted on the wall and a big peach color couch was laid out in front of it. A green rug with peach designs was place on the ground near the couch. There was a love seat at the far right of the couch facing the TV, to the left was a dinner table fit for twelve people. It wasn't too big but enough to look beautiful and simple.

Adjacent to the left was the kitchen with white washed walls, blue cabinets and a small breakfast table in the middle. To the right of the door was a wooden staircase leading to the top floors.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

"It is, isn't it? Nothing has changed since Thomas and Jack stopped coming here." Hayden replied sadly glancing at Liam who just shrugged at him.

"Just recently we sent few people to clean it and repaint it with the original colors not wanting to change anything." Craig said walking towards us.