Prologue

The planet Earth...a planet of wonderful and unique life. Full of civilisation, cultures, animals and nature. There's also its fair share of bad you know, violence, war, poverty, pain and destruction. Balanced with new life, medicine, laws and creation. For many a millennium the human race has lived and walked on this planet's soil. The adults change the world and evolve. They produce children to continue their legacies. The children learn and grow to become teenagers before turning into adults to continue the cycle. Now if you're hearing this then...you know this all already and you're probably wondering why I'm being all philosophical. Well...the truth is...I'm just remembering what the Earth use to look like...or more accurately...what I think I remember.

The truth is...all of this is...that I have just told you...is what I've heard from other people or seen in books. For example you look out a window...go on do it and what do you see? Maybe grass, flowers, animals, mountains...maybe even the sea. Well you're lucky...all I see...is a ruined world. Buildings lay destroyed or abandoned...all signs of life appears to have died...with packs of savage large animals roaming and prowling the land. The strange thing is...I don't recall how it started or when. In fact...I don't remember anything at all...not even my name. All I've got to go on...are two things.

The first is this metallic glove on my hand.  This glove, green in colour only covers the top of my hand...leaving my palm exposed. It feels like Velcro but gives off a strange metal feeling. It gives me special power...for example I can click my fingers...I produce a small fire...which appears...and goes...DAMMIT WHY DIDN'T WOR.... Ahem I'm...sorry for my outburst. This power...brings out the worst me. I am docile now but...when I use this flame...I lose all sense of reason. I can only assume this applies to others aswell.

So the first is this glove...the second is a message. A voice that echoed across the sky...and spoke these words... "FOR THOSE OF YOU CHOSEN BY GOD...SEEK THE SILVER PILLAR...AND THERE YOU WILL FIND SALVATION". I have spent so long searching for this said pillar but...not a clue I could find. I did find other survivors...each one also affected just like me. They too had special powers...some could wield lightning, control earth...or even fly but, none of them could remember much either. I felt jealous though...at least some of them knew their names. The strangest thing I have found...is I couldn't find a single adult...or infant...and neither could they. Did they die? No if they had where were their bodies. Did they leave us? No...why would they? I mean...I must have had someone who thought I was...worth enough not to be left behind.  Also for some reason...the youngest survivors I heard...didn't have any powers. And those that did...were rare and few.

So...by this point...you're asking...How did it get to this state? How did the once blue and green earth become a ruined mess? Well...I can only answer with this...divine rain...no I don't know what it is either. From the sounds of it...it might have been a meteor storm. I have found large craters here and there...but it's merely hypothesis. As I sit here nursing this large bite wound in my yellow shirt with my broken leg and bloodied arm, as it drips on the floor running down my blue pants, I am left with questions. What happened? What did I...or any of us, still living, do to deserve this? What is this silver pillar? And the most important...who am i? I can only imagine that the other survivors will be asking themselves one or all of these questions.

With my body broken and battered, I can't move. Don't feel sorry though...this has happened, sadly, several times before. So since I won't be moving for a while instead of me, put your hopes on another survivor...who just like me is searching for answers. Don't get attached to me...this is only a fleeting meeting after all. I mean...by the time you look here again...I'll be gone. So...now...for the story to start. I'll move you to the story of a boy who fosters a deep bond with a young girl. It already sounds better than my situation...what I wouldn't give to talk to someone. Now...go...and journey on. Oh...and if you should find out anything...treasure it...and don't forget it.