Chapter 8: The Goddess of Sorcery (U)

Shadow along with Luxe and the small Julia on her shoulder were going through the strangely quiet school. Luxe and Julia looked into the open rooms and saw beds and blankets laid out on the floor Luxe noting the large number “I just wonder how many people are here?”

“Judging from the size of the grounds” said Shadow “I’d say…between fifty and seventy people. Whoever this mistress is…has got the entire populace terrified. Which means…either they are all spineless or…this mistress is strong” said Shadow as they went up the stairs to the second floor

“What does spineless mean?” asked Julia as “Does that mean they don’t have a spine? Wouldn’t it mean they turn to jelly”

“no…it means they afraid Julia” said Luxe but then Shadow stopped “what is it Shadow?”

“Luxe…can you make a flashbang?”

uh…yeah” he pointed to the top of the stairs “oh okay hang on” she produced a ball of light “alright…here it comes”

Luxe threw the ball of light at the top of the stairs which produced a bright flash of light. After the flash they saw two boys in yellow jackets staggering with their eyes closed “ah…my eyes” then he fell down the stairs to which Shadow kicked him in the gut to knock-him. The second one also began to fall down but Shadow simply punched him up sending him flying into the foyer of the second floor.

They saw several others who were just recovering from the blinding light and as they saw Shadow and Luxe “Intruders” they all drew knifes and began attacking them. Shadow with ease avoided their blows and knocked each one out with a single blow. Luxe on the other hand used her light to make a sort of rope which she used to grab one of the boys and throw it into other boy. As the third boy came to her she accidently tripped up backwards which meant she swung her leg up.

Shadow cringed slightly as he saw Luxe’s kick had hit a rather painful. The boy’s face was just simply frozen as he fell backwards unconscious. Shadow just looked at her as she got up “did you mean to do that?”

“uh no” she said irritably “I merely slipped”

“right” said Shadow sarcastically “I’ll remember to be a distance back when you fall over” she scowled “come on…let’s go find them”

“but Shadow” said Julia “where do we begin looking?” they heard the sound of lightning crackling from further down the corridor

I think that’s our answer” said Shadow heading to the room.

They came to a some sort of special prison room. The room looked like it was once a shower room as shower beds lined one wall of the room. At the end of the room was Circuit and Zack. They were tied to the ceiling by rope and under a constant gentle raining shower. Circuit had her feet in a plastic box of water and appear to fizzle at random throughout her body.

 Both her and Zack were looking rather weak. Luxe looked horrified as she saw the state they were in “my how horrible. They look really bad” she put Julia down “Julia can you help the guy on the right?” she nodded and grew to ten feet. While Luxe used her light beam to literally singe the rope off Circuit before carrying out of the box and out of the water while Julia used her size to untie the rope from Zack before dragging him next to Circuit.