Chapter 3: The Hope...Carried By Children (U)

Shadow stood watching the blue fire and became annoyed “so…it was you who rigged the dining into a death trap”

“yes…it was me” said the toneless voice “I must keep the children safe”

you keep going on and on about that. What is so dangerous about me or in-fact…any visitors?”

“you have no idea do you…of the harshness these children have suffered?” the person put down their hand and stepped forward.

It was a girl wearing only a long black dress over high white socks and black shoes. Her eyes were a bright purple but looked angry and narrow like that of an animal. Her hair was very long and in a long ponytail. She had to spikes of hair on top shaped like fox ears and she ponytail of hair was tucked into her dress at the top and came out at the bottom to mimic an animal tail. She had an air of intelligence and wisdom above her appeared age. Shadow was annoyed with her

no…I don’t so why don’t you tell me instead trying to kill me?”

The girl snapped her fingers to make the lights all turn on and spoke “I don’t remember when it happened but I woke up in this mansion sometime after the divine rain. It was very clean and polish with hardly any damage to show. I first I thought it was normal that was…until I looked outside. The world was a mess…completely ruined and then…I saw the many children. They wondered out into the streets crying and frightened”

“well…that’s a pathetic reaction” this made the girl looked angry

they won’t given powers like you or I. They were defenceless without a shred of identity or anything to protect them”

“Wait…when you say children?...You actually meant…kids?” she nodded “kids I heard still had their memory wiped but…won’t given these” gesturing to his glove and the girl did the same “but…when I awoke…I was…by myself…how could so many survivors be in one area?”

“I don’t know either. So…I took it upon my myself to give the children safe haven”

“well…that’s noble of you but…you missed the part about where you tried to kill me” her eyes closed and her voice dropped

not all…were residents of this village. Many…came with groups”

Shadow’s anger strangely seemed to just cool down as the girl spoke “you seem to comprehend what I mean. Many people...let their egos…take control and just…left the children believing them to be…dead weight” she said the last two word with great disdain. Shadow was lost for words “I am Kitsune…my name coming from the first word I saw. I am the caretaker, Mother of all the children in need of protection” Kitsune went down to all fours “And I won’t let you harm them…including Kimbra who you have held hostage”

“Look…I’m not that big-headed to go after helpless children and…we made a deal. I bring her to her ma-ma and she helps me find my partner”

“that’s true” said Kimbra “Mister shadow helped me”

“listen to yourself” said Kitsune “you have been brainwashed by this boy. You’’ll pay extra for that”

“so…words aren’t going to reach you” said Shadow flexing his hands making them glow yellow “well…if it’s a fight you want…bring it”