Chapter 7: A Glimpse of Purity (U)

Shadow was on unconscious on the hard ground at the bottom of his jail cell pit. He was starting to stir as he heard voices

so…can you tell if he’s nice of not” the first was a young sounding girl

well…I can feel he has a rather aggressive nature” said another girl but older “He’s…not evil, per se but he is rather cold”

“oh so…he’s not a nice person then” said the 1st with a tone of disappointment

“No…I’m afraid not” said the older voice also disappointed as he began to move

hey he’s coming too” Shadow opened his eyes and saw a young girl directly above him with red-orange long hair “hey there mister?” he got up “are you okay?” the girl was wearing a long blue dress with frills near the bottom “you’re not hurting” as he was about to reply he held his head and gritted his teeth

you must have been hit pretty hard” he turned to another girl in the square room.

This second girl, more mature, was quite slender and curvy wearing a black t-shirt with a lightning bolt on it, long shorts and white shoes. Shadow however was noting her hair which made the girl sigh “Yes I know my hair’s a mess” her hair was long but it went round her head and met at her chin. Her hair however was fairly messy as it stuck out almost as if an afro “I’ve been here a while and the guards don’t exactly know personal hygiene. Julia tells me I look terrible”

“I don’t think so” said Shadow in a strangely friendly and lighter tone “I bet with a shower you’d look really nice” the girl blushed and began feeling her hair  

what the? Oh thank you. What was that about?”she looked at his smiling face “his light…feels…pure. It felt so cold earlier and now…it’s warm. It feels the same but…completely different. Almost as if…he’s completely different. Are you sure your all right?”

“well…my head does feel dizzy” Luxe noted this “Oh I’m…I’m ah…Shadow. Who are you two?”

The girls stood together.  The younger one slightly curtsied “Hi there Shadow…My name is Julia. Nice to meet you”

“And I’m Luxe”

“Luxe?” said Shadow slightly bemused by her nae

“It supposedly means light in another language” she held out her hand to produce a ball of light “which is appropriate”

well it’s nice to meet you both” said Shadow oddly with a smile “Where am I anyway?”

“you’re in a prison” said Luxe “with many others here . However like us you got the special treatment. This is the pit” Shadow saw they were in a square room with only a single light in the darkness and a light much further up “we’re…a bit more…dangerous than the others so they stuck in this deep hole”

“the only way out” said Julia “is the door up there” she pointed to the jail cell door “just how did you get here?”

Shadow leaned on the wall “It’s a bit fuzzy but…me and my friends Ariana and Circuit were spending the night at this guy’s house called Zack. We were then ambushed by some men in coloured jackets and…I was brought here” he began to look worried “Wait…where are Circuit and Ariana?