Chapter 34: Keeping the Hope Alive (Part 1)

Shadow stood facing Zodiac, his goal certain but resolve wavering. Zodiac also stood with his goal certain but now transformed with a hardened resolved. Zodiac’s body had changed, his coat flapped in the wind, his skin a dark beige and his eyes a warm yellow. Zodiac stood with unwavering confidence as the power of his lost comrades poured through his body. Zodiac then spoke with his dualized voice, as the voice of a child, himself and mature man spoke at the same time “so Shadow…this is my ideal in full motion. The power of everyone’s will flows through my body, filling me with strength and purpose. So I will offer to you for a second time. Will you join me?” Shadow readied himself as he stood ready to fight “it seems I still haven’t convinced you. You still want to fight me…when your resolve is falling apart before your eyes?”

Despite Shadow’s determined face, beads of sweat had formed on and his body trembled. Zodiac held out his arms “so…if I must prove the strength of my resolve…” in an instant Zodiac appeared behind Shadow “so be it” as Shadow turned round he felt himself sent like a bullet into a building. All the girls gasped in shock as Shadow appeared wedged into the side of building. Shadow shrugged it off and looked at Zodiac

I…didn’t even see him move” he then saw Zodiac move his wings “Dam” he pushed himself off the building…just as Zodiac hit the place where he was wedged into “ah…” Shadow landed on the ground and looked up to see Zodiac had vanished. “it’s like…he’s become a ghost” as he looked round he saw himself being bathed in a bright purple light.

Then as he looked up a large sphere of purple was being sent towards him. Shadow concentrated on the power of ice as he flexed out his arms. Then blades of ice formed, attached, to his arms then with his arms crossed like an X he blocked the sphere. The force of the sphere was incredible. Shadow could barely keep his ground but then his grip slipped and the sphere pushed him into the building. Shadow could feel himself being crushed by the two but then the building gave way with him being pushed inside.

From the girls point of view, the ball was still pushing Shadow further inside while simply obliterating anything it touched. Then they heard a loud roar of effort as the sphere was sent skyward. They turned to the hole in the building to see Shadow shambling out looking dazed and tired. Luxe saw his aura for a moment weaken making her worry “Shadow…come on” Sophia watched with a worried face

Shadow…if you really believe in your ideal…then go for it” Shadow shook out of hid daze as Zodiac suddenly appeared in-front of him

Shadow…stop this now” said Zodiac “there is no to continue. We both know you haven’t the strength to beat me”

“well…I won’t know unless I give it everything I have”

“it’s pointless but…very well”

Shadow clenched both his arms and then started to focus. Shadow searched within himself and called forth his remaining power. His aura intensified slightly and he looked ready. Zodiac looked unimpressed “this is all the power you have left to give” Zodiac tensed a fist “pointless” again he struck out with amazing speed but surprisingly Shadow had blocked him “oh…very good” Zodiac then began pushing against Shadow “now that you’ve put fear to one sight your sight isn’t clouded…still” Shadow couldn’t stop Zodiac pushing “it’s still pointless” then with a strong effort Zodiac went straight through his guard and punched Shadow flying.

Shadow couldn’t stop himself from his flight then as he started to descended he was sent tumbling along the floor eventually coming to a stop. Shadow groaned and stirred as he got up “dam…Zodiac is…so strong” he could Zodiac already flying towards “but…I can’t give up” then as Zodiac approached him “I won’t give up!” Shadow burst striking Zodiac in the face. Shadow then let off a barrage of blows at Zodiac, then with a kick sent him into a nearby building. As Shadow slightly panted from that same building Zodiac came out of the roof. Zodiac then flew down towards him, once more Shadow tried to take the offensive with a punch but Zodiac punched Shadow’s fist away and struck Shadow down into the ground.