Chapter 25: Awakened Fury (U)

Neo and Sinister were staring at the sight before them. They remained transfixed in place as their eyes widened, their bodies tensed and their feet remained still as if they had become frozen over. Strong vibrations rumbled all over the ground almost shaking the very foundations of the building. A fair gust of wind blew against everyone, gentle but fierce as it carried the feelings of anger and kindness. Ariana, Julia and Luxe all stared in disbelief, Sophia worried watched over the limp Ariana and Max as the black bruising continued to spread. The feeling of hope, rose within all the girls like a caressing fire while fear, like an icy grip, clung to Neo and Sinister but they all looked at the same thing.

The origin of all their sightlines all concentrated one being…Shadow. Shadow was surrounded by a spiky and erratic light blue aura that surged upwards in torrents in an arc. Small yellow electric sparks would randomly appear over his body while white stream-lined wings flexed backwards and forwards. His clothes and hair moved and bounce from the energy surging upwards all around him.

Neo was in disbelief while Sinister felt his body tremble “what…what is this?” Shadow just looked at him with furious eyes “What’s going on?” Luxe was also in disbelief

he…he has wings? When…did he get wings?”

“since we left Kitsune’s house” said Julia “and before you ask…there’s your answer” they turned to see Shadow hovering over the ground “yes they’re real…sort of” Shadow hovered slowly towards Sinister who simply stood in place

what?” he said in a somewhat scared tone “you’ve got a problem with me? Well screw your problem…eat this” a tendril immediately flex out at Shadow but…the grip of fear intensified all round him.

Sinister felt his whole body freezing and shake as Shadow held his shadow tendril tightly in his hand.  Sinister tried to calm “I don’t have how you did but…I have plenty more” he brought out many tendrils “now have this” he sent the tendrils all at once but Shadow in a single invisible movement, caught all the tendrils “What?” the tendrils squirmed in his grip “hey let go” Shadow’s hand then glowed white “what are you” he then seemed to jerk in place as smoke began to rise from his hand “ahhhh what are you doing?” he then turned to Shadow’s hand “What is that? Ah, Ahhhh that’s hot…let go!” but Shadow kept going until the tendrils broke off  retracting back to Sinister.

Sinister seemed to be in a lot of pain as he his body seemed stiff while he looked at the severed tendrils, which slowly grew back, and then to severed parts in Shadow’s hand “that power…that was” said Sinister as the severed tendrils simply evaporated in black smoke “light…how do you have light?” he then looked at Luxe “only that girl has the power over light…how do you have it?”.

Shadow then opened his hands with each one producing a sphere of light “that’s not possible, those have to be fake” stammered Sinister. Then Shadow threw the spheres of light at Sinister. “On no you don’t” he formed a wall with his tendril but as one light blast hit them, it simply evaporated “that’s not fake that’s…” the second light sphere hit him sending him along the ground. Although it didn’t look powerful Sinister was in a lot of pain.

Sinister’s whole body seemed to be burning as faint smoke seemed to rise all from his trembling body. He was breathing sharply through gritted teeth as he clung to his body tightly while standing-up “How did…how did you…do that?” Shadow didn’t reply “Answer me dammit!!” suddenly Neo was going through the air towards Shadow