Chapter 23: The L--i-g P--t (U)

The day was young with the morning sun gently bathing over the residential area of the city. Aiden was stirring from his sleep as stretched and yawned. He rubbed his eyes and got out of bed wandering to the bathroom. He ran a tap and washed his face in the mirror. He was a a young lad of around thirteen, evenly built and with somewhat scruffy black hair. After washing his bed he went into his rather modest bedroom of a bed, a desk, wardrobe and drawers. He got changed into a white basket t-shirt and baggy grey pants before going out the room to the living room.

As he walked the smell of bacon and sausage wafted through the air as his mother was cooking breakfast. "Morning mom"

"oh morning Aiden" his mom was in her thirties and wore a blue shirt, tanned pants with curly ginger hair "come on here you go" she handed him a bacon and sausage sandwich "now eat up and once you're done get ready and go to school"

"Yes Mom"

"and remember you're walking your sister home this afternoon. I have to work late today. Lauren...Lauren come on!"

"Coming Mom" Lauren came running into the kitchen. Lauren was a girl of around ten with long yellow hair and wore a wore a red dress with brown leggings "morning Mom, Big bro"

"alright here you go" she said giving Lauren a sandwich "now come on you two. Let's go" with a sigh they both replied

"okay"

It was the afternoon time with class being in session. It was history lesson with many of students listening to the bald yet knowledgeable teacher with many of the students leaning on their arms and yawning while Aiden was sleeping in class. As he slept...he entered the world of dreams. He saw and empty world void of life, buildings lay ruined and the very life of the planet appear to have just vanished then he heard a voice

"Shadow...are we really going to find something here?"he saw a group of four digging through a building the youngest being a girl with long dark hair "I mean this place is pretty messed up" a mature and confident boy spoke

"fear not my lovely lady" he said in a rather stupid tone "the great max the magician will make your wishes come true" the boy calling himself max thrust out his hands and appeared to pick up the rubble as if it was on strings.

"if you really are a magician" said a girl with blonde hair which curled around her head "then could you make your sense of humour magically disappear" she was making a rope of light which she used to move the rubble away

"And if he makes himself disappear" said a boy in a jumper with white-silver hair "that's a bonus" he said throwing a sphere of energy to detonate the rubble "come on guys...let's go before it gets dark" the dream was suddenly broken by the sound of a loud alarm bell which signalled the end of the day. With a sigh he grabbed his bag and headed out.

Aiden waited outside the school grounds as Lauren came running out towards him "Big bro...sorry to keep you waiting"

"No it's okay. Come on let's go" and with that they began walking through the city

"so did you have a good day?"

"No...I slept just as normal through history. Although I did have a wicked dream"

"A dream?"

"Yeah...let's cross here" the two crossed the road "yeah it was about this ruined world. You know the kind you see in those...apocalypse films" Lauren nodded "well...there were these four people all with super powers"