Chapter 14: The Scars of a Pure Heart (U)

ChapIt was the afternoon time as the newly kind Shadow was still sleeping in one of the double bedrooms he was placed in. Sophia had come into the room to check up on him “he’s still sleeping? He’s being resting since this morning” she sat down on the bed next to him and just looked at him with sympathy. Sophia and Luxe had replaced his clothes with similar ones she had found in the hotel.  His jumper was a light black and his pants were now grey jogging bottoms but…the many bruises and cuts around his body remained underneath “I know sleeping is the best way to recover but…he needs exercise too” she nudged him “Shadow…Shadow…come on wake up” he didn’t budge so she began shaking him “Shadddoooww…wakey…wakey” again he didn’t stir “a tough one…time for extreme measures” she leaned in closer and kissed his cheek.

Shadow started showing signs of movement to which Sophia leaned back as he opened his eyes and sat up “good morning…or rather afternoon” he sat up cringing slightly “take it easy”

“No I’m okay” he felt his cheek “why does my cheek feel warm?”

“oh…well” she put on an embarrassed smile as she held her hands “you…won’t waking up so…I had to use drastic measures…like a wake up kiss” Shadow just turned red “I’m sorry for embarrassing you”

“No…it felt…nice” she looked surprised

Shadow sat on the end of the bed with Sophia next to him curious at his response “so…you said it was nice did you?” still red he nodded

it felt…familiar. Like…someone did just what you did” she smiled

maybe you had a sister who used to do the same thing” he smiled

yeah maybe. Sophia…you have the power over ice…right?”

“that was a bit random but yes that’s right” she held out her hand to which it turned into a blade of ice “I can morph my body like this. It’s a shame I can’t do it with my gloved hand” the glove morphed with the ice and came back when she reverted it “I can also shoot it like this” she held out her hand and shot a few ice needles into the wall “I can also create ice around me too…but I’ll show you that another time. What brought this up?”

Shadow clenched his hand “when I said sorry yesterday…it wasn’t for staring” she gave him a judgemental glare “No I meant…I’m sorry for that too but…I’m sorry for kicking you” she looked surprised “you were only trying to be nice and…I kicked you across the floor. Whether it was me or…that other me I still physically hurt you…so…I want to give you a free hit”

Sophia looked very surprised “so…you mean…you want me to hit you back?” he looked serious and nodded “well…I’m going to refuse you” he looked at her surprised “I never hurt a friend…that’s my one policy” he felt a warm feeling “so instead…you’ll do me one favour…any favour I ask no matter what it is…is that fine” he looked worried “it won’t be unreasonable…promise”

“So…you really forgive me?” as she nodded Shadow flinched

hey are you alright?”

I am…and thank you” he smiled 

there you go all better” she rubbed his white-silver hair “come on…let’s go but lean on me okay” Shadow stood up but leaned on Sophia as he walked out the door