Chapter 29: Truths of the Heart

Everyone on the bridge stood on the spot at Neo as he stood up on his feet. His clothes tattered and his body bruised as his hat falls off and his mask crumbles away. Neo stood with a sort of a smirk showing bitterness and the feeling of anger “so…you see…this face…eh Shadow?”

“Yeah…I might as well be looking in a mirror” said Shadow as he looked at Neo’s familiar brown eyes. Ariana looked at Neo

but…Shadow…is that really…the dark you?”

yes Ariana…it’s my…dark half” Neo bore Shadow’s hair and hairstyle in such the same manner they could be told twins. Even their clothes were very similar. Their only difference was the more gruff tone that Neo spoke in “so…no wonder I felt so guilty back at the mansion…when you…murdered all those children” he said in a hateful tone

“oh…you saw my handiwork did you? There wasn’t anywhere to put my signature down but as least I’m famous for my art-style” Julia then walked forward looking irritated

not that I care but…how can you be alive? Ariana saw you move on” Neo wagged his finger

I’m afraid you’re only partially right. Isn’t that right…Shadow?”

“Girls…who Ariana saw moving wasn’t Neo…it was the person we were”

All of them looked confused especially Ariana “I don’t get it…I saw blue lights appearing from where you are. So…who did I see move on?”

“do you remember what Zodiac said?” Shadow said “That I wasn’t able to return to who I truly was…it’s because…that person is dead”

“Once more you surprise me Shadow” said Neo in a sarcastic tone “to put in basic terms, we were one person…but had…what you call a severe multiple personality disorder. What Zodiac wiped away…was the merged being we were, splitting apart the two of us. So…we are literally brothers of that person in a sense. Since I was the more dominant of the two persona’s I didn’t have any problems” he then looked very smugly at Shadow “while the pathetic side was left to die” all the girls looked irritated except Luxe who seemed to just be keeping to herself “so…I’m quite surprised you’re here”

“I have my friends to thank for that Neo” said Shadow “So…answer me this…why do you have it in for me so much you have to go through innocent people?”

Neo appeared oddly angry and slightly confused as he spoke “Because…I have to know…how you got all this power. You are weak, clueless and a fool. You were left for dead, and even if they did find you, you were so pathetic a breeze could push you over”

“well…that’s a no brainer” said Shadow smiling “these girls gave a place to stay and…lent me their strength”

“now that is ludicrous! You’re saying these…these…girls…lent you their strength? What does that even mean?”

“Exactly what it means Neo. I owes these girls…my friends and family…everything”

“Unlike you dark knight” said Sophia “he reached out to people and we responded the same”

“What rubbish. Aren’t you forgetting the things he did to do?”

“Now that’s rubbish” retorted Julia “it wasn’t him, it was you who did all that. Shadow felt truly guilty for his actions, even though it wasn’t his fault. We instantly knew he was a much kinder person that you could ever be”