Chapter 20: The Journey's End...Begins (U)

It was morning time as the sunlight petered out through the thick layer of cloud. Shadow was asleep in his bed as he stirred and move in his sleep. Like before he entered the strange blurry coloured world and yet again the only thing visible was a brown building. He walked to the brown building and pressed his arm on the door opening it into some kind of black-white reception. There was a sort of windowsill desk and chairs in the reception. He could just about see the silhouettes of people who would walk by and talk but then, he heard the sounds of children playing. He turned right down a corridor.

 At the end of the hallway was a pair of double doors and to the left was a stairwell. He peered through the small window of the door to see a playroom that was also monochrome. On the floor was a play mat of roads and streets with small cars of many kinds. Children’s books and games lay on the floor, the blue sofa and shelves. He tried pressing on the doors but they wouldn’t budge.

 Shadow decided to move up the stairwell and came to a long corridor of doors each one numbered. He could hear the sounds of children laughing and playing but couldn’t determine where, then as he passed room 4 a light shone through the cracks of the door. The door suddenly became a dark blue with the sound of a boy coming from within. Shadow edged towards the door, his heart racing and his breathing heavy. He slowly and gingerly reached for the door, he grabbed the handle and slowly turned it as it slightly squeaked. The door slowly opened and then…he saw the bedroom of the hotel came into view.

Shadow looked round to see his hotel room and rubbed his head “what is that? That’s the second time now I’ve dreamed that place”

“What’s the second time?” he turned to see Luxe “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to overhear”

“Oh Luxe good morning. I see you’re feeling better”

“Yeah I feel marvellous” she said doing a twirl which made her hair and t-shirt flap “It’s all thanks to that blue rose you brought back. Everyone is all better which…from what I’ve heard, includes Sinister too” Shadow looked a tad depressed “Circuit told us what happened…about Truth” she sat next to him “you’re alright now aren’t you?” she said with her hand on his back

“yeah I guess so. It was…my first time saying goodbye” he then smiled “at least he’s happy”

“Yeah that’s the main thing” said Luxe reassuringly

Luxe smiled and then spoke “so back to the start of our conversation. You said you saw something for the second time…what is it? Come on tell me”

well…I think it’s a dream. I come to this blurry world and the only thing I can make out is this brown building and that’s it”

“Maybe it’s a memory”

“You think so?”

“well…it could be. You never know…well come on let’s go” she said standing  “We need some answers from Zodiac” as she stepped back she tripped and began to fall backwards. Shadow instinctively grabbed her glove hand

here let me help you up” but as he tried to and help her up by grabbing her glove hand…the glove suddenly came out

Luxe fell backwards on her bottom “ow…that hurt. What’s the deal Shadow? Did you lose your gri…p?” she noticed the green glove in his hand “A glove?” she then looked at her own hand and found it bare “Shadow, you took off my glove!”