Chapter 10: The Bird...Is Called (U)

From afar at the top of a lamppost overlooking the school stood a young man. He had shoulder length pointed hair down his back and front. He wore a long white and blue jacket down to his feet with brown eyes focusing on Shadow. Shadow was being surrounded by a surging blue aura as yellow sparks randomly occurred all over his body. His hair blew from the force of the aura. The young man just simply watched with his arms crossed “a prison…a dark prison” he muttered to himself “will…he emerge?”

On the ground Medea could feel the power of his aura “what is this power?” Shadow didn’t answer “what did it come from?” again no answer “so you won’t talk” she summoned a boulder of earth and froze it over “fine then…just take this” Shadow didn’t move as the boulder went towards him. Then as it covered him…it stopped. Medea and everyone had expected Shadow to have been hit by the ice ball but suddenly with a loud blow the boulder was sent the other way…by Shadow’s swung punch.

 Medea panicked and quickly summoned a wall of water but all it did was slow the returned boulder of earth down as it smashed into Medea sending her along the ground. Medea slowly gripped the ground getting up to her hands and knees. She covered her mouth and coughed up blood. She heard the sounds of footsteps and turned to see Shadow walking towards.

She managed to get up “this power…is overwhelming. NO I came so close” she summoned a gust of wind “I won’t be beaten” the strong wind seemed to slow down Shadow but not stop him as he continued to walk forward “that’s…the equivalent of 60mph and…he’s simply walking through it” she then summoned a giant wave of water “no…stay back” she sent forward at Shadow but with a loud yellow he dispersed the wave like it was nothing. Medea was starting to be embraced in the grip of fear “just…what is he?” Shadow then formed an energy sphere with each hand and threw them at her “no…stay away” she used a current of wind to fly above them but she was caught in the explosion as she hurtled in the air.

Media recovered in the air and was badly panting “this can’t be…he’s too powerful” Shadow was just stood there looking up “no…I won’t have it” she spread out her arms creating spears of ice before them freezing them to solid ice. The sheer number was incredible almost like a ceiling of spikes all pointed down at Shadow who merely had a tennis ball energy sphere in his hand “it’s over now Shadow” she sent the thick rain of spikes down at him to which he responded by throwing his rather small sphere at it “What will you do now!? Shadow”

Shadow thrusted his arm forward and then clenched it. The ball exploded with great intensity shattering all the ice needles forcing Medea to shield herself from it. As she uncovered herself she saw Shadow directly in-front of her…before she could ebem gasp she felt a sharp pain at her gut. She looked down to see Shadow’s fist hitting her stomach. Her body was frozen…all her energy had gone “I…I’m…sorry” and with that she just fell limply to the ground with a light crash and Shadow landing on his feet.

Medea laid limp on the ground barely able to move “I can’t…do it…anymore” Shadow walked over still with his blue aura to Medea “I came so close…to remembering it” the others all began to gather round her “All I wanted…was to remember” Julia was about to go forward but a firm grip from circuit and a shake of her head made her stop. “I can…almost remember. I would…sit in a garden…and watch the world go by” she closed her eyes and thought “I would…sit on a bench and see the grass and coloured flowers all around me. I can see the large red gazebo over a pond as the fish would swim by. I could smell the flowers sweet fragrance as it wafted in the air. See the butterflies flying majestically, often landing on my hand before flying on”