Chapter 16: A Dark Duel (U)

Shadow along with Julia, Ariana and Sophia were walking back to the hotel. It was late at night with Ariana asleep on Shadow’s back and Julia on Sophia’s back also asleep. Shadow looked at Julia and smiled “she really tuckered herself out” Sophia looked at Ariana

she isn’t the only one” Shadow smiled as well “they really enjoyed themselves”

how are you feeling anyway? I haven’t asked since I removed your glove” asked Shadow

“perfectly fine…in-fact I feel…lighter” he tilted his head “you know like…a great weight has been lifted off my heart”

“yeah I get you. I’m just glad you’re feeling better” she smiled “still…I’d like to know how I removed the glove. I had to…sort of…die to get mine off” as they pondered they turned a corner and the hotel was in-front of them

here we are…home-sweet-home”

They walked through the door into the foyer and one of the sofas was Luxe eating a melon. She noticed them come in “Shadow, Sophia! You’re back” she walked over to them “it looks like the kids tuckered themselves out”

“yeah…it was a long walk home” said Shadow “is everyone else asleep?”

“not quite” she gestured to Circuit who came out from the dining area “Max is hard on though”

“Hey you two” said Circuit “it looks like the kids are already in dream land. You and Sophia take the little ones to bed…we’ll prepare some nice hot chocolate”

yeah okay” said Shadow “we’ll back in a few moments” with that two carried Julia and Ariana upstairs. Shadow put Ariana down on one of the beds “good night Ariana” as he tucked her in he felt a brief pain in his forehead “ah…I guess I overdid myself. Right…have a drink and off to sleep” as he crept out the room he saw Sophia walking down the hallway “well…how did she go?”

“she’s still sleeping like a log” she then yawned and stretched “I will be too after this”

yeah…come on I’m looking forward to some hot choc” she just smiled and followed after him.

The two were sat around the table drinking some hot chocolate. Luxe then presented Shadow with a tin of fruit “here you go…I wouldn’t think you would’ve eaten all day”

“Thanks Luxe” with a spoon he began eating the fruit “this is good…thanks” she smiled

you’re welcome Shadow” Circuit had a rather sneaky smile

oh since when did you two become so chummy?” the two had a shade of pink on their cheeks “oh…so there is something going on. Oh well…I’ll…interrogate you two some other time. So how did today go?”

Shadow and Sophia explained the events about Sayomi and Sophia losing it “So…Sophia lost it this time” said Circuit while Sophia looked ashamed of herself

don’t worry Sophia” said Shadow “I’m currently the champion of losing it so…I wouldn’t feel too bad” Sophia smiled

so…did you get it?” said Circuit to which Shadow dug through his backpack and pulled out the object.