Chapter 1: The End and...Beginning of the World (U)

The sky was clear…the sun was shining…and the city was bustling with life. It was a standard city. You know loads of cars, taxi’s, super tall skyscrapers and people going on about their daily lives. In one particular skyscrapers it was a special day, well what the bosses called a work day…it was one of those bring your kid to work days. Although for many a kid it would get them out of school which would be a good…what would you choose…an accounting business…or school? Yes even I would have trouble choosing…which brings us to the boy who picked the business…and quickly regretted it.

The boy of fourteen in his t-shirt and pants was sitting to a desk as everyone slaved away at a computer desk twiddling his thumbs as everyone else around him scribbled away in silence with nothing but a ticking clock piercing the quiet. His parents were elsewhere doing…well…accounting leaving the poor boy twiddling his thumbs.

He straightened himself up and just fiddled with his wheelie chair. He squeezed his hands on the levers making it go up and down, causing the others to frown at him making him quickly stop. All he had on the desk were a bunch of blank documents with boxes that workers would fill in. He checked the drawer of the desk but found only a stapler.

As he took it out he found it empty of staples, frowning he put it back in the desk. He sat back on the chair and slouched back tilting it further and further back until he began to slide out of his seat. He groaned a loud groan and stepped out of his chair and left the room.

He walked along the great rubber floored corridor and passed other uniformed workers as they scowled at him and his rather scruffy attire. As he walked along he heard the sound of a TV from a room. He leaned closer and peeped through the doorway to see a blue-shirted man with tidy brown hair talking alongside a logo with the words big news “for today we have something big to tell you. Scientists have discovered a series of objects that are approaching the earth. They are unsure of what they are, the first would assume these objects to be meteorites but as soon as they get close enough we can tell what they are. This event should come to pass in ten minutes. In other news…” the boy had had enough and walked along the corridor.

He went to the window just before the lifts and looked out the window. He looked at the world below. He saw people and a large square park all bustling with people and animals. Then boy looked up at the sky. It was clear and blue without a single cloud in sight. As he was about to leave he noticed a green light. At first it was his imagination as he pressed his face against the glass and squinted at the light.

He looked at it and thought it was his eyes playing tricks…I mean who ever heard of a bright green light in the sky. He stepped back, rubbed his eyes and checked again and this time…saw two. As he became engrossed more and more lights became blanketing the blue sky.

 As he looked he then felt a pain in his head to which he heard an almost god-like voice “DO NOT BE AFRAID” he recoiled backwards and shrugged off the pain. He decided to head back rubbing his head. He thought back on the voice and lights…and assumed it was his imagination but then as he passed the room with the tv

Attention all citizens! Attention all Citizens!” he looked through the gap to the man from before with a pale face “you must evacuate your homes and head for shelter. The earth is about to be bombarded by…what I’m told are…spherical objects” he then heard screams in the background

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. THE END IS COMING” the boy began to feel very shaky

Now calmly and swiftly evacuate your homes and start…” the boy then became to feel dizzy…he stumbled backwards and close his eyes.