Chapter 21: Old Memories From a New Perspective (U)

Shadow’s group of four were on their way south to the last divine object. They were crossing a familiar bridge with Ariana running forward “guys looks it’s the suburbs” it was the residential area where Shadow had fought against Medea “it feels so long ago”

“Yeah” said Shadow “this is the place where I met you two for the first time…in more ways than one” he said rubbing his head

yeah I remember” said Luxe “you were captured like us and thrown into that deep pit. When you woke up it was you I met not that dark jerk” she then turned a slight shade of pink “do you remember what you said…when you woke up?”

“erm…no” lied Shadow looking away

oh come on”

 Luxe walled in-front of Shadow pointing to her head “do you remember me saying how I haven’t had a shower in a while and what did you say?”

“Once, you did it…your hair would look nice…and it does” Luxe nodded embarrassed feeling her hair “I’m surprised you hold that comment with such high esteem”

“Shadow, most girls like it when you make a comment on their hair” said Julia swishing her hair with her hand

well you do spend long enough making them up I suppose” said Shadow

hey Shadow, why don’t we go see if Zack is still there?” with a nod group set off once more.

The group arrive at the open garage where Zack called home.  As they arrived they saw the garage door open with all his documents and tables set up but no sign of Zack could be made. Ariana with her hands on her cheeks called out “Zack! Zacccckkkkk! Anyone hommmmeeee!?” no answer “is he out of something?”

“I don’t think so” said Shadow “he more of the I rather stay indoors type. Let’s have a look around he may in the house”

alright leave it to us” said Ariana “come on Julia” with that the two ran inside in the house.

Shadow looked round the town with a troubled look which Luxe noticed

what’s the matter Shadow?”

“something…doesn’t feel right” Said Shadow with an uneasy feeling in his chest “This area it’s empty, or emptier than when we came through here last time” Luxe then looked out

so…you feel it too. Before it felt low on life now it feels…void of life. Like even the animals have gone” as she said it Ariana and Julia came out with depressed faces “any sign?” they shook their heads

we looked everywhere” said Julia “we checked all the rooms and no sign of him”

“What’s even weirder is all his stuff is still here” said Ariana “There’s still plenty of water and food but there’s also maps and backpacks lying round”

“there’s really strange” said Luxe with her thumb and finger on her chin “where could he have gone?” she then saw Shadow looking through all the stuff in the garage “what are you doing?”

“looking for a clue” as he said it he across an open black book.

Shadow picked up the book and looked at the cover “it says, research notes. Must be a journal or something”