Chapter 30: A Bond...Hidden and Unbroken

Neo and Shadow stood ready to face each other in this strange fight of light and dark. Shadow flexed his foot slightly to get a stronger grip, Neo ever so slightly tensed his arms before reverting back to his stance. Than with a firm push from his right foot, Neo burst forward sprinting to which Shadow stood ready to defend. Shadow dodged a punch, blocked a kick, and then struck at Neo who jumped back to dodge. Shadow jumped after him, swinging several punches and kicks which Neo blocked before kicking Shadow backwards.

 Shadow landed on the ground only to see Neo already upon him. Neo swung a strong punch at Shadow. Shadow deflected his punch, knocking him off-balance.  Shadow then struck Neo’s chest with his palm sending him skidding along the floor. As Neo tried to stop himself he threw several energy spheres at Shadow, the first one fell slightly short of Shadow but he simply deflected the others. Neo stopped and rubbed his chest “oh…ow…oh. That’ll bruise in the morning. You’re not exactly being soft here are you” Neo then smirked tilting his palm upward “but…neither am I!” he then raised his palm. From the place where the first energy sphere at hit, by Shadow’s feet, a large column of energy rose up engulfing the unaware Shadow sending him into the air.

Shadow landed with a mild thud and showed only light injuries from the blast. Neo looked as smug as ever “you should be paying attention” as Shadow got up he held out his arm

you know…” he said with a slight smirk “you should take your own advice” Shadow closed his hand causing the area, where he struck Neo, to suddenly light up before engulfing him in an explosion.  As the smoke cleared Neo stood, slightly shaky, holding his chest “there you see” Neo looked slightly impressed but quite annoyed

very clever, very clever. Alright that’s enough playing around” said Neo flexing his arms “time to turn it up” Neo clenched his hands, and tensed his arms and legs and began focusing his power. As he concentrated, what should have been a bright aura, was now dull and dark. His, rising, aura flowed with the colours dull yellow and  greyish-black almost as if his ego was tainting his very aura. The aura glowed around his body, then he breathed out “ah…there we go. This is me no longer playing around” Neo folded his arms with a confident look on his face “now you” Shadow merely clenched his hands for his aura to emerge.

Shadow’s aura was a golden yellow and resembled Neo’s aura in shape. Neo made an observation “hmm…that’s a bit odd. You barely had to try to summon that power”

“It just comes naturally that’s all. Well…shall we continue?”

“I’d thought you never ask” with that they both charged forward. They each exchange a punch which collided into each other. Neo struggled against Shadow’s “hmm…aghh…I can’t…push him away” he got frustrated “fine then” he slightly loosened his grip to throw Shadow off-balance  “have this” he struck Shadow in the face which made Neo rather smug “eat that you little-” before he could finish Shadow suddenly struck back, punching his face

eat that Neo” Neo out of anger struck back hitting Shadow’s face again while he struck back hitting Neo in the chest.

The battle had now turned into a slug-fest. As one struck, the other struck back.  Neither one seemed to be running out of steam as they continued to just punch and kick each other. Eventually after an exchange of blows they both stood still, bruised and slightly panting. Neo looked frustrated “this isn’t getting anyway. I’ve been punching him and kicking him, and he looks barely tired”