Learning to live: names

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day had been and gone. With no unexpected surprises. Peeta and greasy sae had cooked and it was amazing as usual, we lit candles for everybody who should have been there. We all stayed together until late and said our goodbyes. New year was just as crazy a party at johannas this year. I'd never seen so much alcohol I had to admit I was pretty jealous of everybody who could drink. However it didn't make it any less fun and it was kinda nice not having a raging hangover or not remembering the night before. Now spring had been making its way through the cold and the icy mornings seemed to be reducing. March my favourite month had arrived and I had thought about hunting but decided against it considering I was 24 weeks pregnant. Me and peeta decided against finding out the sex of our baby and wanted a little surprise. Peeta had recovered fully 3 weeks after he had his surgery. Now 3 months on you wouldn't even think he was close to death. He hadn't let him phase him either. He still often had flashbacks but was now able to pull himself back. The beginning of January peeta had gone straight back to the bakery to make sure Leighton had been doing a good job. He had been doing but peeta loved baking and he decided to work there too. Even though he owned the damn thing. His next venture was an art gallery. I think he had just become bored. I understood why he was bored though I was too. We had all this money more than we could ever imagine and nothing to do with it. Like we promised we still gave Rue and Thresh's family money every month. Although thresh had no living relatives anymore so we donated it to their districts hospital. Luckily nobody in panem was struggling for food or money poverty had been eradicated thanks to president paylor. Johanna of all people owned a hairdressers. Delly told her it was pretty ironic considering she had her head shaved during the rebellion. You'd think someone being told that would take offence but Johanna just waved her hand, laughed and said "i know right?"
I felt happy that everybody was moving on with their lives. Annie had gone back to work and most nights Luca would come round for his tea because she had to work late. I didn't mind it I loved him and his company even though he was only 5 and obsessed with dinosaurs. Mine and peeta's baby was due in July around luca's and Johanna's birthday so they would joke who's birthday would be closest to the baby's. Luca's was the 13th and johannas was the 21st. Baby mellark (which we had to call the baby not knowing if it was going to be a boy or girl) was due on the 17th. Although babies hardly ever come on time so the bets were on. Everybody were also putting bets in if we were having a boy or girl. Peeta had changed his mind about what he wanted the baby to be he said he didn't mind anymore and it looked like I was having a boy. I really didn't know what I was having, delly and Annie told me you know you just never think you're right. I however didn't have the slightest clue and it scared me to death. I didn't regret having this baby i knew it from the minute I first saw them on the sonogram and even more so the first time they kicked. It's the weirdest feeling ever but I kinda like it. They kick the most when peeta is around it's like they can sense him. They go crazy when he speaks.

"Hey is there anything you need while I'm out?" Peeta asked me on the phone.
"Nope I'm good"
"You sure?" He questioned.
"Yes peeta"
"Okay see you later love you"
"Love you too" I replied.
"God you two make me feel sick"Johanna said blowing on her coffee.
"Like you an gale are any better just because you do it in secret" I responded.
She looked shocked and I think she was about to deny it but instead she sighed "is it that obvious?"
Before I could reply Annie jumped in "yeahhh a little"
"Oh god how long have you guys known?"
"If 3 month ago you both got back together then since then" delly said.
"Well we're not exactly back together"
"I like your style" Mel told Johanna.
"You are disgusting" delly laughed.
"Oh shut up just because the fun is all out of your relationship now you have a baby and a fiancé" she joked back.
"Someone's upset" delly said taking a sip from her cup.
"So have you thought of any more names?" Annie changed the subject.
"Nope we just can't agree" I sighed. "I used to like Reid and peeta did to for a boy but I've completely gone off it"
"What about Blaize?" Mel suggested.
Johanna pulled her face. "She's having a baby not a fireball"
"Go on then you suggest" she threw her hands up.
"Fine Lauren"
" I love it" Annie agreed.
"I don't like it" I moaned "I don't like any names I don't know what to do. Peeta keeps
Suggesting names like Olivia, polly, Taylor and Alex"
"What's wrong with them?" Annie asked me.
"They're nice but I just don't picture my child called Polly Mellark or Taylor mellark"
"Wait is Taylor for a girl or boy?" Delly asked.
"I don't even know, then Peeta suggested naming them after someone we've lost but there's too many to chose just one name and I feel the baby deserves its own name"
"Bailey?" Johanna suggested.
"Again for a girl or boy?" Delly asked.
"Both"
"wow this is hard, let's just forget about baby names. It can be baby no name until I have to register them. If I don't have a name by then ill pick one out of a hat" I joked.
It was actually really hard to find a name i loved.