Learning to live:delly an thom

"Okay Delly, Thom, you're up" the director called.

Delly put down a huge pile of food she had been eating an took Thom's hand.

"Good luck" I smiled. Not like they needed it.

Peeta still hadn't talked to me since our mini fight.

"Katniss can I speak to you for a minute please?" A voice said behind me.

I hoped it was peeta an I could explain myself.

"Annie?" I asked shocked

Annie had dyed her trademark ginger hair to brown, an seemed to dress more young.

"Yeah do you like it?" She asked touching her hair.

"Yeah but when did you do this" I couldn't believe how normal she was acting after her meltdown. It was like nothing ever happened.

"This morning, I've decided to let go of the past, it's the little things that remind me of it all, you know?"

"Well I think that's amazing Annie" I said hugging her.

The smile she gave me made me realise she didn't hate me or blamed me for finnick's death. The look in her eyes was warm and made me believe she did want to get better.

"I love you Annie" I whispered.

"I love you too, I honestly can't thank you an peeta enough for what you do for me an Luca" she replied hugging me tighter.

"Don't mention it" I said breaking away from the hug.

Annie was about to say something else till a very annoyed Johanna stormed over to us.

"Can you believe him? Playing the victim like he really loved me an would do anything for me. God he annoys me so much" she ranted shoving some crisp into her mouth.

Me an Annie looked at each other rolling our eyes, we loved them both we weren't getting involved with this one.

"Come on let's watch delly an thom" Annie warmly smiled.

"Oh yeah I hope she gets nervous, her voice goes even higher than usual, it's hilarious" Johanna slyly smiled.

"Hey don't be mean" I joked punching Johanna's arm.

She just shrugged shoving more crisp into her mouth.

All 3 of us stared at the screen waiting for Caesar to start asking personal, inappropriate questions.

"So Delly, Thom, you're together right?" Caesar asked.

"Yep since we were 15" Delly smiled.

"Aww isn't that lovely after the games, the rebellion an still staying together, isn't that lovely folks?" He said to the audience. The packed out audience replied with standing ovations an huge a rounds of applause.

I could see the cheeky look on Caesars face that's implied he was about to ask something very personal. Johanna must of saw it to because she raised her eyebrows before quickly turning back to the screen.

"You've been together a long time then, any plans for children in the future?"

There it was, I think we all knew he would know she was pregnant.

Delly shook her head. "I knew you would ask that, didn't I say he would ask that Thom!" Her voice turned much higher.

"Told you" Johanna sniggered.

I gave her a disapproving look but couldn't help but smile myself.

"So are you?" Caesar persisted.

"Actually Caesar no" Delly said all composed.

"Really?" He asked shocked double taking at her rounded stomach.

Thom gave delly a "what the fuck" look an she fired a "trust me look"

"Who would of knew Delly Cartwright had the brains to pull of something like this" Johanna joked.

"You're so horrible you jo" Annie said shaking her head.

"Yeah well we already know that" she replied.

All 3 of us went silent and turned back to the screen waiting to see what somebody would say next.

"Yeah we just don't want kids, we have delly's little sister Demi so we don't really want anymore kids around" Thom shrugged.

Caesar looked a little embarrassed.

"Oh, oh okay" he looked down to how cue cards hoping to find a new topic.

"Oh Caesar you are so gullible" Delly laughed.

Caesar looked confused.

"I could see you looking at my stomach. Of course we're having a baby, I'm not usually this fat" Delly smiled.

"Well aren't you two just wind up merchants" Caesar snubbed, before cracking a smile.

"that is lovely news, congratulations, Delly an Thom. Now Luca will have a playmate, do you know if you're having a girl or a boy?" Caesar asked.

"No not yet, I got asked off my stylist this morning too, we should find out soon though" Delly smiled holding Thom's hand.

"And do you know what you want the baby to be or?"

"Well I want a boy, but I think every man wants a son, am I right? They're so much easier, you know you don't have to worry about a boy breaking their heart, or a boy wanting to take them out. You can just play ball with them you know. Luca is such a good baby, yaah I think having a son would be pretty cool" Thom told Caesar.

Delly raised her eyebrows at him.

He quickly saved himself "but aslong as they're healthy an happy I don't mind"

A series of "aww's" erupted from the crowd.

"Well he nearly landed himself on it

Didn't he" Johanna smirked.

"Do you feed off other peoples mistakes or something?" I asked.

"Ehh maybe" she shrugged.

"Thank you Delly an Thom, good luck with you're pregnancy, we will have to catch up soon an find out what they will be! It was lovely to have you both back" Caesar smiled shaking both their hands.

"After the break with have, the magnificent Effie, the grand old Haymitch, adorable Annie an baby Luca, see you after this" He smiled at the camera an it turned off as Caesar walked off the other side of the stage.

"Well I am shitting myself" I said pursing my lips together.

"It will be fine I'm sure he will be sensitive to everything" Annie said taking my hand.

"Yeah sure, that's what you think" Johanna scoffed.

Annie scowled at Johanna.

"Oh bite me" Johanna rolled her eyes walking back off to the snack table.

The pressure was definitely getting to everybody now.