Learning to live: vodka

Johanna led the group of me, Annie Effie, Delly, Pollux girlfriend Tammie, Mellissa, daisy and Libby towards the meadow.
"Slow down captain" I shouted a head to Johanna.
"Keep up, you should be in shape mockingjay" she hollered back.
"Are them two always like that?" Tammie whispered to Annie and mel loud enough for me to hear. Annie an mel just looked at each other an laughed.
"So any wedding plans yet?" Daisy asked me.
"Actually yeah" I smiled.
Effie's head shot round,
"You have plans an you didn't tell me?"
I couldn't help but laugh. "Not exactly plans, just one, we've decided where were getting married" at this point everybody had stopped walking an turned to look at me, even Johanna.
"Where?" Annie beamed.
"District 4" I smiled.
Annie stood in shock an for the next 5 seconds or so the silence was deafening.
"Thank you katniss, thank you" she sqouze me tight. "Thank you" she whispered low enough for me to hear.
A sudden gust of wind filled the air causing an element of surprise for everybody except Annie an Johanna.
A hovercraft.
"Where we going?" I rolled my eyes at Johanna.
"The district known for making the best alcohol" she smiled smugly.
" What, District 8?" I shook my head laughing.
"Exactly" she nodded in return
"You are off your head Johanna mason" I laughed following Annie an the rest of the girls with Johanna behind me.
"Yeah well only the best for the mockingjay!" She patted me on the back.
"Good I deserve it changing panem an all" I said sarcastically
"Don't get to big headed, you're still an 18 year old girl from district 12" she mockingly said.
"Yeah well you're still a crazy ass 24 year old who waves an axe about" I smiled.
"Oooo so clever miss everdeen, now park your skinny arse down" she sat in her seat putting her belt on.
"Who's ready to party!" She shouted to everyone.
"Woooooo" everyone cheered in unison. No matter how much me an Johanna tormented each other she did really care, an I for one was excited about getting drunk and having some fun with my best friends. I definitely knew peeta would be having fun, no doubt the men had booked a Night in the Capitol with an artificial Capitol stripper. I actually laughed at the thought.
"Now katniss if you refuse a drink I will shove it down your throat!" Johanna smirked grabbing a bottle of vodka from her bag passing it around the group.
"God I haven't drank in such a long time" Annie laughed
"Well prepare yourself girl we have one hell of a night planned" Johanna replied.
"Thank god for that" Melissa said
"We all know you will be drinking mel" Johanna shot back.
"Well why not" Melissa shrugged swigging back the vodka straight.
"Calm it" daisy pulled the vodka off Melissa.
Melissa rolled her eyes.
"You having any?" Johanna gestured to me.
"Obviously I'm not that uptight" I took the vodka back, like the night i did with haymitch when we found out about the quarter quell. Feeling the burning sensation swelling in my chest. A good burning sensation.
"Alright that was easier then I thought! Well done mockingjay, I didn't have to but my axe on your face" Johanna joked.
"Sure Johanna glad I don't have to whip my bow out" I joked back.
"So Tammie do you like to drink?" Johanna passed the bottle down the row of seats till it reached her.
"Sometimes" she spoke softly,
She reminded me of Annie.
Johanna just nodded.
"Guess who's meeting us in 8?" Johanna asked me.
"Who" I shrugged.
"Paylor, she can be a right one when she wants to be" Johanna laughed sipping more of the vodka, before passing it back to me.
"Seriously? I haven't seen her in months, god I think I'm starting to like you Johanna mason" and in that second I felt free, more free when I'm in the woods, so I decided swig the rest of the bottle.
"Alright girl on fire!" Johanna clapped, as we landed in district 8 and I couldn't wait for the night ahead.